This rocked up at work

coln72

Members dont see this ad

Hi Col,

That is absolutely beautiful, & takes me back to when I had a KE55 2 door, pillarless coupe.  What a car it was with a 5K & a 5 speed box.  I do miss it, as it went to "Corolla Heaven", after suffering terminal cancer in the upper back quarters, behind the side rear side windows.  Being pillarlees, that model relied very much on those rear quarters.  It does live on a bit somewhere as I sold the rear floor & wheel arches to someone on the Sunshine Coast, who wanted to "Tubb" his rear end.   I'm gathering that is straight off the boat, & has been imported from the UK ?  I had a quick look at some of the video of the Lombard Rally, to see if I could spot it in action, but not knowing what year it last competed, I couldn't find it.

I loved that model, as it seemed so perfectly proportioned, & attractive to boot.  I gather this one was probably a KE35 SR model. I can't see the grill, or the front edge of the bonnet clearly.   Fill me in.   Those  alloy wheels just suit it to a "T".

So I guess we'll see it in the next East Gippsland Rally, amongst the trees ?

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

it's running a tribute livery. It's based on a privateer that received a little support from Toyota. I do have the name of the driver some where.

It's running a 2TG with twin Webber's etc. through a Bluebird diff with discs.

It's running tonight in the Nissan Night Moves around Heathcote.