KE70/AE71 Differential Upgrade options?

LucaKE

Hello corolla people!

I have recently acquired another corolla, an ae71 auto sedan. Currently has a borgie in it. I have got some very nice shockworks suspension on the way and chasing the last few manual parts to swap into the vehicle.

I want to eventually fit a lsd rear in the vehicle. Currently getting parts, (and money), for a efi smallport 4age swap. I know the borgs don't support lsds, so a new diff is needed! I have done a fair amount of research and commonly people suggest slapping in a japan spec T-series from a Corolla. However, those are few and far between and are costly to import and or purchase locally. T-18 diffs are also out of the question, until one pops up for cheap with the diff still in it.

This smallport is going to make 100-120kw max. I'm not going crazy here, and I don't to weld the current diff, as it gets driven daily. I have been told a hilux diff and a F-series diff are heavy and very very overkill. Is there another reasonably cost effective alternative with lsd options? I read a fantastic thread from altezzaclub of a RA60 T-series being put in a KE70. What lsds would suit that? I have heard its the zenki ae86 ones but am unsure!

Thank you for your time.

Cheers, Luca

Members dont see this ad

Luca, mine is still an open diff, but we have two KE70s up on the farm with LSDs, both OS Gikens. Expensive, but very good and long-lasting.

You should be able to find OS G or Kaaz or Cusco for the AE86 diff or the Celica, they are all T-series. The F is heavier, as you say, but if you want to be a trail-blazer, check out the vans at your local wrecker...

On 6/16/2023 at 3:37 PM, altezzaclub said:

Luca, mine is still an open diff, but we have two KE70s up on the farm with LSDs, both OS Gikens. Expensive, but very good and long-lasting.

You should be able to find OS G or Kaaz or Cusco for the AE86 diff or the Celica, they are all T-series. The F is heavier, as you say, but if you want to be a trail-blazer, check out the vans at your local wrecker...

Thanks altezza!

Looks like the ra60 is the way to go. Seems like the cheapest way to get a t series. That paired with a cusco wont cost me ae86 money. Before I buy i will do some measurements on tarago diffs, as i heard they are a good option.

Cheers!