k50 gearbox assembly. help needed

finke70

Members dont see this ad

Have you got this?  That's the only data I have on them.

K50exploded.thumb.jpg.8dac0ee23f580689b74ba689c22d7c3c.jpg

They die because the layshaft bearings are un-obtainable, the rollers were a custom Toyota part apparently. The worn rollers eat into the layshaft and chew off the hardening.

You can have another dismantled one for $50 +postage, its sitting in my workshop. Worked fine until I asked a gearbox shop to put in a  new front seal and they stripped it, cleaned it and told me it needed new bearings..  I was not happy!

1 hour ago, altezzaclub said:

Have you got this?  That's the only data I have on them.

K50exploded.thumb.jpg.8dac0ee23f580689b74ba689c22d7c3c.jpg

They die because the layshaft bearings are un-obtainable, the rollers were a custom Toyota part apparently. The worn rollers eat into the layshaft and chew off the hardening.

You can have another dismantled one for $50 +postage, its sitting in my workshop. Worked fine until I asked a gearbox shop to put in a  new front seal and they stripped it, cleaned it and told me it needed new bearings..  I was not happy!

Yes, i have some Part catalog pictures. I think i don't have roller , what it looks like?  

The KE70 K50 rebuild is detailed in the T18 Chassis repair manual Pub No. 36018E

They come up on ebay from time to time.

Yes you do need the ball, and I've got to say (politely) if you are not aware of that you probably should be leaving the rebuild to a professional.

Edit, actually this manual should also be the one.  Pub No. 98389.  There are a few on ebay if you search Corolla chassis under Service & Repair manuals

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/304943368881?hash=item47000a8ab1:g:-74AAOSwPfhkY~jF&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4K%2FPo2bVhnBhnrhFv%2FW%2BhsUumxZXJRHHPZ9MxPR6ax6WQDZbusKRCZ064gUZpQrxpvvx5w%2FOw3oQErLWTCP6qGFt7rJdd30%2B8wnRNUxQy8gvqcej4lc8o7W3KosOnbPCb7khFCkfzf3tdBqdKOtwAYhV1A%2FQxZPAPDGOqufkWO%2B%2Fu7CoYRllmURB2Q1RIRv4zbIhCKU5wODYHS%2Fy2CGzFo2lRycsGNjcr7uL7tt%2Fq0X%2BEYVu0%2FqUtDsS7VzJsfmwHGA2HRRPCRJ2wtdW0pRGvAtlM%2FxEcLgo9v6UTpvfRyHV|tkp%3ABk9SR96cvPDRYg

Edited by parrot