O2 Sensor,open/closed Loop

madrolla68

Members dont see this ad

Is this a daily or a racer?

It will run without one, but I'm not sure how legal emissions are without it. When you get it tuned they'll shove an extra meter up the exhaust anyhow. If the wolf datalogs and supports wide band sensors it'd be a good investment to make it user tuneable. Accuracy aint that great at high revs but it will idle better with a sensor plugged in. If your exhaust has no spot for a sensor I'd get a round screw in one, and just weld a nut on to the exhaust.

The wolf does have a provision for o2 sensor apparently. Depending on your mechanic, some will argue the computer will not respond to variables (air temp) properly without this hooked up, however, the wolf runs a intake air temp sensor, which you will have to use, which if the car is tuned properly in the first place will make neccesary adjustments. When you take your car in for RWC/mods approval, make sure you do 'dummy' connect the o2 sensor just in case the opinion of the inspector is different.

If you have the books that come with the wolf have a good read, they are written in language even i can understand, i have found them extremely helpful.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

The wolf does have a provision for o2 sensor apparently. Depending on your mechanic, some will argue the computer will not respond to variables (air temp) properly without this hooked up, however, the wolf runs a intake air temp sensor, which you will have to use, which if the car is tuned properly in the first place will make neccesary adjustments. When you take your car in for RWC/mods approval, make sure you do 'dummy' connect the o2 sensor just in case the opinion of the inspector is different.

Ok air temp sensor I'm not familiar with as I'm not sure if the 7K efi setup has them, what O2 sensor should i get(what vehicle) and the other thing is no RWC here mate,its pot luck.

I will be tuning the car with a mates wideband gas meter, so will the wolf do live adjutments or just as per the map i load into it.

Yes i have the software.

No its not likely that the stocko setup has one, you need to drill and tap. The sensor will come with the wolf. Live adjustments, i have read that it will, but you probably have to tell it to. I have never worried about it cos i get my car tuned after everything i do to it, which is extremely often.

No its not likely that the stocko setup has one, you need to drill and tap. The sensor will come with the wolf. Live adjustments, i have read that it will, but you probably have to tell it to. I have never worried about it cos i get my car tuned after everything i do to it, which is extremely often.

Its a S/hand wolf that was on a 4AGE ,so maybe i need to get one from wolf ey.

Not too dependant on the brand of sensor, you just need one that is compatible to you ecu. There are both zirconia and titania o2 sensors that run 4 wires. If the ecu has a signal + and a signal - it'll need a titania one, zirconia sensors only have 1 signal wire. This pdf has a good compatability list and various data on o2 sensors.

NTK catalog

ZIRCONIA

Black = signal wire

Grey = dedicated earth

White = heater wire

White = heater wire

TITANIA

Red = heater +

White = heater –

Black = signal –

Yellow = signal +

Have fun!

Madrolla... My mate Josh used a Bosch LM11 setup

Talked to him tonight and he said, you use closed loop & narrowband 02 sensor for tuning

PM him if you need more Wolf information, he is probably one of the best people to ask about WOLF 3ds and stuff

His username here is avalonea

Ok will do right now,thanks for that.

I made a mistake its the LSM-11 o2 sensor from bosch.

check out

http://wolfems.cart.net.au/cat/3762.html

there prices are fairly good i couldnt find too much better :hammer:

just don't forget . widebands are VERY sensitive. i use a standalone wideband controler in my car just for tuneing. i had 2 o2 sensor boss's in the exahust and unless i was tuneing / power running or @ the track i removed the wideband and fitted a bung in its place.

`josh

I made a mistake its the LSM-11 o2 sensor from bosch.

check out

http://wolfems.cart.net.au/cat/3762.html

there prices are fairly good i couldnt find too much better :hammer:

just don't forget . widebands are VERY sensitive. i use a standalone wideband controler in my car just for tuneing. i had 2 o2 sensor boss's in the exahust and unless i was tuneing / power running or @ the track i removed the wideband and fitted a bung in its place.

`josh

Ok ta,do i need the $400 one or can i just use the four wire o2 sensor or the single wire one. I was actually hoping to use a S/Hand one of a suitable engine just to get me going first of all.

My Wolf id 3D V4 so i don't know if that means ver4.7 or not.