5k Race Motor Problems ????

KErolla

ok guys sum of you may know i picked up the qwad throt injected 5k race motor of ke25racer ok now here is the problem. ?

we start the it up runs fine for the first 5 or 10 min then its nice and warm then it starts starving for fuel what is causing this to start gasping for fuel. ?? we have put a fuel presure gauge on it (vl turbo pump is 95 psi and it sits on that till the motor warms up and then drops rapidly down to 20 or 30 psi) ?

ok guys any and as mutch help needed have had this happening for a couple weeks now and just can't put out finger on it.

KErolla

:) with love, the spelling fairy

Members dont see this ad
ok guys sum of you may know i picked up the qwad throt injected 5k race motor of ke25racer ok now here is the problem. ?

we start the it up runs fine for the first 5 or 10 min then its nice and warm then it starts starving for fule what is causing this to start gasping for fule. ?? we have put a fule presure gauge on it (vl turbo pump is 95 psi and it sits on that till the motor warms up and then drops rapedily down to 20 or 30 psi) ?

ok guys anny and as mutch help needed have had this happerning for a couple weeks now and just can't put out finger on it.

KErolla

Hi mate, did u use the haltech computer? have u changed anything else like injectors or anything? id also think about trying a different pump aswell.

95 psi thats s to bloodly high. it sould be35-45 psi all the time. check your fuel pressure regulator is around the right way. could be the pump but don't use a vl one. you don't need something that big.

hope this helps

Yeah check the pump, i only ever used a VN commodore standard fuel pump ( inside the surge tank) to feed this monster at upto 8000 RPM, i did have trouble when the HALTECH was first installed with the injectors being the wrong resistance. it did give a similar prob but if nothing has changed sinse you bought the engine then maybe you should contact haltech.

are u using a feeder pump to the VL 1, ive got twin VL pumps in mine (SR20de) and when i 1st built it, all was sweet accept when u went on long trips it would always shit fuel pumps or the motor was always starved for fuel.

Put a VL lift pump in the tank, problem solved :)

I'd try that, costs about $80 bucks from repco for a VL in tank pump from memory and its not hard to rig up, just tap into the wires that are running the external pump and run the into the in tank 1 :jamie:

Good Luck, problems like that suck balls :jamie:

really long warm up enrichment?

sounds like hes on the money there /\

something else is amiss and the computer is compensating with the cold start sensor but once it goes away your leaning out... need to get a wideband sensor up its arse

simple things like running a different exchast or fuel system can require a re-tune. but pump going to 95psi is pretty crazy i'd be trying to get a constant 35-40psi of pressure. 20psi is too low and 95 is way too high.