Engines

rollacdmd

HEY!!!!!

what i really wanna know is which one is more reliable which one would run the best outta the both and I'm talking about dropping the newer 4AGZE the 20V not the older 16V

seriously could u get the same power outta the 20V 4AGZE supercharger than the 1.8DET turbo standard and wats the max BHP 350 bhp or what!

Members dont see this ad

There is no such thing as a factory 4A-GZE 20v. There is the 4A-GZE from the AE101 with 170hp (last of the GZE's), or the 4A-GE 20v Blacktop from the AE111 with a claimed 165hp.

I don't think you'll notice a difference in reliability between a standard 4A-G motor and a CA18 provided they're both in good condition.

The maximum power I've ever heard of from a 4A based motor is 550hp, so they make plenty. It really depends on how much you want to spend.

Do some research for yourself on the internet and don't ask silly questions that have no real answer.

in all honesty, CA18's are the gayest pieces of S*#t, well not the gayest but pretty bad. if you start to run power through them they have a tendency to blow up.

The amount of aftermarket components available for a CA18 is also less, reason being is because all the companies know they are gay. 4age or ze would be a much better option. i know there may be a few people that think CA18's are good but there not. just from what ive seen and read about, they seem to blow up when they get any decent power put through them. and i know there is the odd occasional one exceeding expectations but that is a small amount. for their price they are almost worth it but then there is better out there for the same price anyway so its not.

don't mean to upset anyone but thats my opinion, I'm sure there are a few that also agree with me.

Edited by Rollin-Rolla