Azza's Ke70

tas_ae71

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have the engine mounting brackets from you 4ac?

sure do, got every thing pretty much, they will be for sale as soon as i can be bothered putting up an add. ill try and sell as a kit rather than individual parts..

Reason for selling? I thought you were going to do it up...

was going to but a cheap ae71 came up, so i brought that insted. the body is a bit rough and needs a little work. but it was so cheap i couldnt pass up the offer. have one bloke intrested in it atm, hopefully he will buy it so i can fix the ae71 put some suspencion in it and cain it lol..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok, change of plans, the ae71 i brought has some rust, the paint is shit, and its just a bit rough all over. so I'm putting the 4ac into the ke70, so thats part way to 4age. also the ae71 is still in nsw rego so it would have to have the rust fixed to pass inspection and i don't actually have a receipt for its purchus so, so not in my name :P

never fear though, what i payed for it is easly worth that in 4a conversion parts, and at the end of it all, i have a heap of spares, plus some things to sell http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10824

and i have a cleanish ae71....

ive got a few part around here than need useing so all will go into the ke70, exedy and thermo will be added into the mix, as well as the tacho dash, ae71 diff (not sure if they have s-series or borg like the 70????) struts with the slighly better brakes, and CUTTIES!!!!!

Just another borgy as far as I'm aware.

thats cool with me, just the one thats in my ke is rather noisy, the one in the ae seems almost silent.. both have simerla km's, but the ae has been thrashed but the ke has had granny owners.. spose it just gose to show how much slideage grannies get after retirement :P

ah, just been out for one last mountain run in the ae71 before she gets wrecked, as it happens it is also the lat day of rego. and for all you out there who recon ae71's arnt much better than ke70's you are wrong!! its so much more fun to drive, i actually got quite a bit of wheel spin (4AC shock :P) and it kicked out a few times!! bare in mind this is with some (hardish compound) 195 tyres on the rear and that it was bone dry on the road.... and no i wasnt clutching it or anything, just driving it quite simerla to what i woul do the ke70 but it was so much faster..

oh well will start on the ae71 today, i would rather be putting a 4age in, but i can go much faster still with the 4ac, e.i. suspension... that should always come before power as well as brakes..

• 4 weeks later...

i have got some jdm calipers from dave at AJPS and some reco seal kits for them aswell.. just hunting down some struts to do with them as we speak...

ke70 will be coming off the road most probaly tomorow as its getting the 4ac crammed in it, so the horrible 4k will be out along with that crappy box... to its credit it been very reliable to me, the only real donw fall with it is the lack of power 4K's have and the amoun of fuel they consume...

have also brought a pair of 15"s for the front which will get tyres when i find some nice 2nd hand ones in good condition with good compounds...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

86 bumpers u say...

i used to have an early model 70 with 86 bumpers and it looked hot.. but 86 bumpers on the late model would look abit random I'm reckoning... whats the chances of getting some piks, caus i actually got a set of 86 bumpers sitting here just cbf to take my 71 bumper off to try it out haha....

thanks...