Sr20det Ke70

Rollin-Rolla

Yes I know that... :y: Perhaps I didnt explain myself complete or clearly. There was someone doing independant comparisons on the same car however they never released results after the tests were complete. As they were trying to sell the garrett version Its my view that their tests DID NOT support the garrett version being "exactly the same" as the HKS version.

yeh but if you think about it why would they not be the same? because if garrett were making it for hks, then the licence expired, why would they change the production line and a few little things to make a slightly gayer turbo? it doesnt make sense, it would be more costly for the company. forgive me if i don't believe it but it just doesnt seem like a big company would do that, it would cost more when they could keep the same production line going. unless they were comparing it to a different GT2871R because garrett make 2 or 3 different versions on there catalogue. and they do carry a difference, but that was because licence hadnt expired with hks. and now that it has they produce the GT-RS version.

honestly in the end i don't really care. and this is from what ive read up and found. i could be wrong, but its pointless having this argument because hypothetically even if there is a difference it would be practically nothing as you said. but I'm not interested in making enemies.

good to hear that you have a good idea what your talking about though, it makes a good conversation :D .

Edited by Rollin-Rolla

Members dont see this ad

yeh i will be working my way into it though. I'm in no rush. thats why I'm getting the car running stock first, make sure everything is good. no point putting large amounts of power through when it could have a severe problem. I'm still gonna see how it goes. itll make one hell of an interesting car tho.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

so heres the latest. ive been been fairly busy lately with uni and been away from the forums for a while. anyways ive had some shopping expeditions and spending some cash, and here is the latest.

I got my borgwarner diff, has 4.11 gears, brand new LSD centre, pintara axles so i can keep the 4 stud pattern.

i cleaned up the engine bay from all the grease and grime in there, intercooler is mounted. crossmember and gearbox member powder coated and sand blasted.

custom front springs as I'm running a corolla top hat and the lower spring mount is corona.

got the peugot discs on, i have the hilux calipers and ferodo excel brake pads but no photos at the moment. motor is in at the moment but again no photos. ill get them up soon.

i changed the front studs aswell so i can run bluebird rims on it which i picked up a set of 5 for 60 bucks no tires but good condition.

the current crap I'm waiting on is my GT3040 turbo. I'm getting the external gate off the exhaust housing thanks to 6boost. its a tial 45mm waste gate. and i have the haltech E6X computer. can't think of anything more at the moment but will update if need be.

post-1451-1167919831_thumb.jpgpost-1451-1167919879_thumb.jpg

post-1451-1167919950_thumb.jpgpost-1451-1167920838_thumb.jpg

post-1451-1167920857_thumb.jpgpost-1451-1167921260_thumb.jpg

post-1451-1167921283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rollin-Rolla

thanks. i do have one I'm just being lazy as usual. and plus my dad has my newest one that he got me for christmas he is holding off on me although i should get it tonight.

I'm about to go to pirtek and get them to make up my clutch line for me.

correction i was redirected to clutch and brake services at south glenelg

Edited by Rollin-Rolla