Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Putting A Gearbox In...

Featured Replies

what about just a 4a 5 speed. they are ment to be bolted upto the a motor. but would it withstand the power?

  • Author

The 4A boxes aren't quite the same, but I suppose if I can't seal this box up (I managed to get the last box to more or less stop leaking - yay for silicone, and lots of it :)) then I may consider one.

 

If I do go with a 4A T50 then I'll need to cut a new hole in my floorpan, cut & shut my tailshaft and maybe custom gearbox crossmember. More work than I'd like really. But at least then I can get a short-shifter :)

well if you want one i have one, already with a short shifter

  • Author

"short shifter" or proper short shifter?

 

Don't think I'll be heading down that avenue for awhile yet, for one I don't have any more money whatsoever, and for another I really don't want to change gearboxes again...

it's a "short shifter" :) and i am not in a real hurry to piss it off.

may i ask why? mine made changes in the wagon a pleasure (not that kind!)

Hey andrew, was that the t50 i was asking about a few weeks ago?

 

I'm still interested in picking it up as my old t-50 out of the red beast is rather crunchy. (520000 kms does that)

Ok you gearbox experts I want some advice - have to change the box on my AE82

 

piss the 4 speed of and put a 5 speed in to reduce the revs a little - 4k @ 100kph is just too much work

 

so my thought was if I drop the passenger wheels off and take out the strut could I get the box out that wheelarch ??

 

Tips, hints ideas very very welcome

mumblezzz: yes i forgot about that

 

ruts: you would still probably have to drop the crossmembers i would assume, but most front drivers are different from one another. i change a clutch in a charade a while back and had to remove the whole engine. but i swapped a gearbox in a pulsar by just taking off the strut, cv, wishbone etc, and it was much easier.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.