Red Ke55 stolen & Sad Day

redrolla_55

Hi everybody,

My name is Todd and I recently finished off my 1980 KE55 project car after 9months of hard work, particularly from my uncle in brisbane who put in a 4AGE 20V Silvertop in the beast.

Then the first day I had it down here my girlfriend took it to uni and it was stolen sometime between 10:30am and 2:30pm on Monday from one of the student carparks at Uni of Canberra in Belconnen. The saddest thing is that apart from all the work that went into it (I love this rolla) is that I was putting an imolbiliser in that afternoon.

I reported to the cops and they said it had been reported running lights etc. around town that afternoon. If you have any information or you see my rolla anywhere could you please call the police or let me know on 0402 506 261 or email or pm me. (or follow it and find out where the bastard lives) I'm offering $250 for any information that leads to its recovery.

The details are:

1980 KE55 4 Door Sedan

Rego: QLD plates - 281 GZH

Red in colour with 2 white stripes running down the middle (over boot, roof, bonnet)

Silver mags (bought off 'Xany' from this site)

I'll post a picture in a sec, please guys I really want my rolla back.. :)

Todd

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is a real low act...

This is a real worry - that's a lot of Rollas that have been stolen recently.

Will keep an eye out.

Think it is time to start a political party that has one policy - forcible castration with rusty tin can lid for car thieves.

Hope you get it back in one piece.

Cheers,

Todd

Yeah I got my baby back!!! :y: ;)

Thanks to Rolla_Boy's friend for spotting it...

Found near Queanbeyan on the side of a main road (Norse).

The back end is pretty rooted and the stereo (Pioneer MP3 Player) and speakers (2* 6*9's and 2*6's) are long gone as is the Tacho (4inch Speco). They also nicked my toolbox but it wasn't that expensive. Front bumper is a bit twisted.

The engine was untouched and started alright, although it stalled if not reved continuously. The gearbox and/or clutch might be rooted as it wouldn't engage to drive. Mags were still on it although fairly scratched.

The forensic dude got some good prints and DNA of two beer bottles that were left in it so hopefully the bastard/s will get caught or I can find out who they are, just to have a friendly chat about it..

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Queanbeyan, i want to get her rolling again asap.

Cheers

Todd :P

Backend.JPG

Shortened.JPG

Frontdoor.JPG

ParcelShelf.JPG

Yeah as far as I could see without removing the panels the chassis isn't bent at all so should be fairly fixable. :y:

Does a 1981 KE55 have the same panels as a 1980 KE55.

So would this (clicky) fit my rolla?

and what about the headlight difference.. is it a problem if i wanted to replace the front panels aswell and keep my round headlights?