Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rolling Ae82 Front Guards.

Featured Replies

Just wondering if anyone has rolled the inner lip of there 82 or similar front guards?

I have recently dropped the car and would like to keep my 16's, but as it stands the front scrubs like no tomorrow.

 

I have rolled the rear guards, that was no problem, but the front has the plastic splash guard in place and it bolts to the inner lip. That is where it is scrubbing.

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

Cheers, J.

mate, i'm keeping a close eye on this topic. i've been looking at doing mine as soon as i get a bit of sunshine and time (both in short supply as of late). i was thinking of either cutting the plastic bit (don't like this because i can see it gettin real messy under there) or getting the heatgun on it and trying to bend 'up' the bit that's scraping.

There's two ideas but i'd love to hear what people have done and how it went!

I have done that in my AE82. No splash guards. Not that they were rubbing though but don't really need em...

  • 2 years later...
Hmm, thanks everyone... I suppose the splash guard can go. I was just interested in what others had done and if they had kept them.

 

Looks like I can throw my wheels on again!

 

Thanks, J.

 

I have rolled my front fenders by using a baseball bat wrapped in duct tape, and also a rubber mallet. I was able to get a centimeter's extra clearance on it. if you're running 16's, i hope you have low profile tires and good struts, and that the width is not greater than 6", and hte offset is just right. otherwise, you run the risk of rubbing, rolling fenders or not.

 

fyi, i have run everything from stock 13x5 (aluminum and stock steelies also) to 17x7 aluminums on an sohc ae82, with rolled front and rear fender wells

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.