Cam Specs

rockinrolla1967

my engine with it's chewed up cam went back to the engine shop today for repairs, we peeked through the hole for the mech fuel pump and could see where one lobe use to be.

now that i have a bit of an idea of what a tighe 25-65, .423 valve lift cam does i want something a little more lumpier, i have efi on my 4k so i can get away with a lumpier cam before the mixture starts getting to rich.

what cams have you guys tried and liked?

i was thinking a tighe profile number 140 with 37-71 duration with .488 lift or a number 150 with 40-70 duration with .474 lift

Members dont see this ad

It all comes back to whether head, exhaust,compression and how restrictive inlet is to what sort of cam will work best for application.

I have a 5k with twin su`s but will soon be stroking it with 7k crank and rods and yes i can make it fit well i hope i can, also with 7k efi which i have so would be interested to know which choice you made and how it all goes. You could ask a few of your local eng shops as there are a heap of 3k guys racing speedway so a lot of shops know about these types of engine

• 2 weeks later...
tighe 25-65, .423

you already have the best cam available for 4k/5k, as far as my research shows

474 or 488 valve lift is probably going to require a bit of custom work to stop things breaking, for the amount of money you'd spend, and the slight-if-any improvement, i suggest it very much wouldn't be worth it

my advice would be to just stick with what you have