Ebay Ke10, Progress Pics Now Up !!!

Gavclassic

Arrived just an hour ago on a truck from Victoria. On initial drive and inspection i have no doubt that the car has only travelled 48,000miles. Interior is very good, only two small holes in the drivers seat, all other seats, door trims, roof lining and rubber floor coverings are perfect. All door and boot rubbers are excellent and the paintwork is pretty much all original. The front apron has had a small bump and an ordinary repair, but thats easily fixed. Engine and box are perfect and the car drives like new. All brightwork is excellent so to are all the lenses.

Considering i bought the car sight unseen ( pics only ) i'm very happy!

Plans are for a complete stip down and detail, i'll post more pics as this happens. May end up being the base for an Historic Nc race car!

Oh What A Feeling! :(

post-834-1159347198_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gavclassic

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That KE10 looks EXTREMELY neat. I'm surprised you're considering turning it into a race car. Surely you have access to other versions in a more used state?

I'll wait to see how the car turns out before i decide on its future use. But economically its cheaper to use a very good car as a base for a race car than spend around $8000 restoring one before you even touch the mechanicals and saftey items ( cage, seat, harness etc ). This way i just detail what i've got and add new mechanicals, cage, suspension etc. :dance:

I'll wait to see how the car turns out before i decide on its future use. But economically its cheaper to use a very good car as a base for a race car than spend around $8000 restoring one before you even touch the mechanicals and saftey items ( cage, seat, harness etc ). This way i just detail what i've got and add new mechanicals, cage, suspension etc. :dance:

Who said anything about restoring? You obviously haven't seen the shitter I race. :)

Which ever way you go I'll be following the progress as you have always seemed to pretty cars up and make them seem about twenty years newer.

Who said anything about restoring? You obviously haven't seen the shitter I race. :)

Which ever way you go I'll be following the progress as you have always seemed to pretty cars up and make them seem about twenty years newer.

I'f you've seen the quality of cars racing in the Historic Nc class its like a classic racing car show. Only last year the Pete Geoghan Mustang sold for around the $300,000 mark. The resto on this car cost the previous owner around $250,000. I know i'm only going to be racing a Corolla but the presentation and quality has to be first class. :dance:

ONLY a Corolla? C'mon mate, give it a bit more credit than that. This is Rollaclub after all.

I'm not baging the Corolla, but compared to the big dollar Phase III GT's, Mustangs, XU1's and RX 2's its still just a Corolla. I would'nt want to race anythin else, even if the budget was unlimited. :dance:

Fair enough. I have seen some pictures from the Group Nc, and the cars are EXTREMELY well presented. I've heard that the XU1 Torana's are making something like 400hp! I don't know what the modification restrictions would be like on your car, but it'd still be great to see a Corolla racing, even if it weren't up in the pointy end of the finishers.

• 2 weeks later...

That is one clean car.

About the comments on the XU-1's with 400hp, I think thats pushing it a bit. They made 192bhp in the '70's at Bathurst and the like but more recently, the highest figure I have seen naturally aspirated is 318bhp. Not bad, seing my LJ GTR with a 362ci stroker makes somewhere in the vacinity of 350bhp. I suppose thats why its coming apart again and I'm trying to get 400bhp from it now.