Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke25 Te27 Tyre Placard

Featured Replies

Engineering and roadworthy are starting to loom in the background as progress on my ke25 is being progressful so I've been looking deeper into legal stuff lately.

 

So my 25 has no tyre placard and I'm looking for CONCRETE info on what the factory rim and tyre specs were. A few conflicting opinions have been seen around the interwebs...

 

A photo of the placard would be ideal and would settle any doubt!

 

Now to go one better, does anyone know what the te27 specs were? and even more so a photo of the te27 placard. You see I know a bloke who knows a bloke who can make replacement placards if provided with the correct informations...

Well so far I have these numbers:

 

ke25: +30p or +32p offset

4.5 or 4.0 width

12 inch rim

 

te27: +30p or +27p offset

5.5 or 5.0 width

13 inch rim

 

Thats it so far havent got it down yet but its a start

  • Author

You have a genuine 27 lev.... *long exhale-type noise*

At first I thought they were un-obtainium-level exy. Then I went and spent about as much on building a 25...

 

measurements would be useful I reckon.

 

I'm in the process of investigating te27 homologation in aus and tracking down papers. Only papers i've come across yet were illegible.

would make engineering a loooooooot easier and would allow a heap more headroom for upgrades having that base spec.

  • Author

I have the four original rims and what look to be original-spec tyres. I should get measuring and see how mine compare. I'll see if I can find time on the weekend before work.

 

General early conclusion though is that there is no way to keep track to legal limits with non-lame offset. Especially not with a wider diff.

If you mean homologation for motorsport, I don't believe any TE27 2TG spec cars ever competed here in period. Homologation papers of course are international documents, but there doesn't seem to be any competition history for these cars in Australia. I wouldn't have thought homologation papers would hold any relevance with respect to engineering for road use.

 

I intend doing the AE86 strut front and a standard TE27 drum T series rear without ridiculously wide rims

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.