The Slothmobile Has Been Violated

Sloth

On Friday the 10th of Feb i was woken up by my girlfriends older brother, who said i should get up and go look at my car cause it had been broken into. At first i though he was a joke, but then he said he though the stereo had been stolen. So i went out to the road and, sure enough, there was a hole in the window, my MP3 player (and the whole console it was in) was missing and the crap from my glove box was all through the car (along with a lot of glass).

I went and opened the passenger door and looked through the car to see if anything else had been taken, luckly the undercar neons and interior neons were still there, but a set of brand new Gold Toyota Camry badge (that i got off my girlfriend for christmas) had been stolen.

I reported it to the police, called the insurance company and called my parents. The police took the report, although they knew there was no point. The chick i spoke to at the insurance company had no idea what my policy covered (and said someone would call me back... they never do) and my step-father told me to take it down to the local cop shop and get it printed.

We took it down to the Moorabin Police Station and got it printed (it helps having a step-dad who's a cop :P ) but they didn't find anything. I cleaned up most of the class from the car (took forever) then me and SlothSnr got a window from the wreckers and installed it (glass shops were qouting $140 - $160). Now i think there is glass stuck in the door mechanism and i can't open it.

The poor Slothmobile has been through so much and hopefully this is its last trial.

Heres some pics (hopefully they come up)

post-539-1140010320_thumb.jpg

post-539-1140010332_thumb.jpg

Now i have to find a new console to replace the stolen one and get a new headunit. We have a DVD player and headunit lying around, but i might be able to get hooked up with an Alpine unit soon (if i can get the cash).

EDIT: The damage to the door wasn't done by the theives.... thats another story :P

Edited by Sloth

Members dont see this ad

The headunit was cursed. Maybe its better gone!

I bought Craig the headunit for his eighteenth

and put it in his original Ke30.

It packed up after a week.

Over the next five months it went back to the manufacturer

3 times, taking about 6 weeks each time.

I finally lost my cool and it was replaced with a new unit.

We've copped that many bodgey parts that we have

bought new, the radio being the first. So "yeah" I hope

it has taken the curse with it before the new motor goes in

Edited by SLOTH Snr