Great Ocean Rd Cruise 27-28th Jan '07 Aus Day Weekend

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adelaide isnt as big as Vic member-wise. Its a little harder to get a big turnout here.

We have alot of members in the area but as for people turning up to events...well, it leaves alot to be desired. We ended up with 3 rollaclub members at our last event! And that was a "big" turnout! lol!

That said, we have 6 confirmed attendees and another 6 so far unconfirmed... will be getting onto them son.

It would be great if a bunch of you... no matter how big or small... could make the trip, its going to be pretty relaxed and alot of fun and if all goes well I would like to make it an annual event.

Anyway, thanks for the input Raven, much appreciated.

Jarrad

Yes, lets not discuss our attendance record ;)

As good as a big turnout would be a small one is just as good. It lets people interact with everyone, and is by far easier to set up and accomodate.

Can you throw up a quick list of how many people that are intersted and/or confirmed for your area please raven?

Edited by muller

• 3 weeks later...

This was copied from the Vic section...

back to business.

I have a list of people who have confirmed they are coming and camping/not camping etc. Heres what I have so far...

Camping:

TheNOBBLER (Me) + one

MRMOPARMAN + one

kickn5k + one

Muller

Webbers4x48

Pozman + two

Raven + one (SA)

nawty4 (SA)

Not Camping:

Gze82

I also have a list of people who have shown interest but not yet confirmed.

killer ke70

woteva (SA)

Rightio! Thats 13 people confirmed camping so far, one confirmed for the day trip and 3 still thinking about it... I will update this as we go.

What I now need is for anyone who is bringing someone elso to let me know so I can put you on the list... Otherwise if you are camping it will cause problems when we get there. This isnt a problem if your only daytripping.

PLEASE CONFIRM THIS ASAP!!!! I will be getting in contact with the Rec reserve this weekend to make sure all is go... SO I need at least these details before I call.

Also, I need some feedback on above posts concerning stickers/meals/other ideas. This way I can sort out deposits asap.

Thanks all...

Jarrad

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Thats a VERY good question...

If we could suply our own sleeping gear this would be great, I will however look into hiring a large tent or a bunch of them for the trip... I wish I had thought of that earlier!

If we hire them it will add to the cost, but might be worth it. I will see what I can do.

At the moment though, you will be sleeping in what you bring... keep in mind it will be the middle of summer so you wont get wet, I might only be in my swag

Jarrad

YEEHAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!

Booked in and (almost) ready to roll!!!!

I have just got off the phone to the Rec Reserve... And I booked us in for 8 sites for Saturday the 27th of Jan, '07.

Each site is for 2 people and one Car... if we need more sites etc we can sort this out upon arival.

So thats whats happening... we are camping!

I am putting the initial deposit down myself... but now I NEED DEPOSITS/FULL PAYMENT FROM EVERYONE!

We have to sort out if we are going to pay $20-$25 per camper to cover the cost of the sites and either the stickers (if we decide to do them) or dinner for the night. OR are we just going to pay for the sites and sort the rest out ourselves?

I would personally like to organise some stickers for the run... but thats just me.

Can I have everyones thought on this ASAP as I need to get the deposits sorted. Also, I have to figure out how the deposits are going to land on my doorstep... there are many ways this can be done we just have to sort it out SOON!

Anyway, I told you all I was on to it... and now its done. Anyone who is bringing more people need let me know NOW so I can make sure all is good!

Jarrad

Count me and my bestie in for the ride. Will be in the supra though for this one :P We'll stay the night too. Might have to invest in a dome tent me thinks :)

Will transfer some money over next week as I'm waiting to get paid.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Raven

Thanks, I'm on it...

We are staying at Apollo Bay Recreation Reserve, 121 Great Ocean, Apollo Bay, 3233. Phone:03 5237 6577.

Its off the main rd so it will be easy to find. I will be doing a pilot run down beforehand to make sure all is good.

Also, it looks like Teddy may be making the trip down as well! Should be good!

Edited by TheNOBBLER