Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Speed Cameras In The Hills

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

As we all know speed cameras in the hills usually just mean on main roads and are usually posted on the nightly news and adelaide police website however from a source I have heard that there are going to be putting uphidden speed cameras in order to catch hoons using the hills as a race track.

 

Who would do that? :) lol

 

I did a bit of research myself but wanted to know if anyone had heard such things as I. Any info would be great.

 

Heres some proof of such plans.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5006787,00.html

http://www.dtup.sa.gov.au/pdf/safety_plan/actplanw.pdf

Edited by stockman

Check on AE86 Driving Club. There is a link in there with pictures.

 

Gorge Road, Adelaide-Lobethal Rd and two others which I don't remember will now be monitored.

 

There goes the fun of hills driving!

I was out last week and there was a copper with a laser gun on Kersbrook rd. This was about 10ish at night on Wednesday. Luckily I was out for a slow cruise with the missus and not in my car. Thats really just a waste of taxpayer money and resources. There might be like 5 cars go past an hour at that time of night. I wish they would do something a bit more constructive. I have also heard that those cameras in the hills are the wheelie bin cameras that caused a stir a while back. Not sure how true that is though.

People will hoon no matter where or when, speed camera's will just slow them down until they find another place.

 

 

Agreed rolla 4 :S wasting time and money, why don't the police focus more on tailgating or teenagers stabbing each other. I saw a nose to tail crash 3 days ago infront of kelly's wreckers in brisbane. The traffic was only moving at around 30 km due to a boom gates. ;)

 

Feel kind of sorry for the police officers who have to sit up in the hills 4 hours on end waiting for cars to point the laser gun at. :S top job :D

you want a decent hills road where the speed limit isn't 60?? Try the road through ASHBOURNE to almost Victor Harbour.... :D it's FUN! Speed limit is 100!! and it's got twisties!!!

 

10pm on the Kersbrook road? Hmm maybe the pub closes around that time and that's why the cop was there?

 

I was leaving work on Saturday night at about midnight. I did a moderate U-turn no tyre squealing, from the front of our shop and then put the boot in (this was all in a 50 zone by the way) there was a car on the other side of the road up a bit and wasn't sure what it was (my long range eyesight isn't fabbo) so I lifted my foot and probably was hovering at about 55klms dropping to 50 as I approached I realised it was a cop with a laser gun!!

 

I thought "oh crap I'm stuffed" and kept to the speed limit, he didn't take chase so I was ok. I wondered why he was there, then the penny dropped, the pubs close around midnight, he's probably out catching speeding drunks!

 

But people who habitually speed, will always speed, then when they lose their licence they might think about it and review their driving... Although getting a photo of you speeding isn't as much of a deterrent as actually getting pulled over by a cop with his lights flashing.......

 

Lesley ;)

  • Author

A mates dad born and bred in Hong Kong once had such a discussion and he said over there the motorists coat there plates in a thin layer of glass.

 

Not sure how it works though, I think it reflects the flash of the gun and there for your plate can't be seen.

 

Another mate once said he witnessed an R32 about to go through a red light camera and so he pressed a button and a cover slid over his plate. But lets be honest here.. WHO THE F*^K goes to such an elaborate effort to miss a fine. I have since discussed this with that witness and he denys the claim! :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.