How To Make Rose-jointed Lca's

Raven

welding on ends it really sounds like too much stuffing around id get like an EN36A tool steel two rose joints and the left and right handed thread taps tap each end, on a mill cut 2 or 4 flats for spanner adjustment 2 lock nuts for the rose joints and it really is that easy i have made a set for a rear common whore(commodore) controll arms and not a weld anywhere. look hot and work really well.

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

rose joints are great when done properly, unfortunate that they are illegal on street though

apparently its not due to them being strong enough but rather the adjustable side of things

like if the adjustment retainer (nut) comes loose when you are driving along then the lower

control arm gets loose and wobbly around the joint. someone mentioned they could be

engineered for strength but I'm not sure that addresses the adjustable issue.

lol on a more amusing side of things those eccentric camber adjuster bolt sets are sometimes undersize

and flex or break, or just simply come loose and camber goes all over the place. when i first saw those

sets i thought that may happen... at least they are only 1/2 deg or so, so hopefully no one has been

injured from them coming loose.

Edited by styler