01 Corolla Std Remote Entry ???

Cam.Giles

hey guys do all AE112R (1998-2001) corollas have keyless entry...? (its a 01 Seca)

my g/f just got one but it doesnt have the remote just wondering if it would have the reciever, how to program it to a new remote and where you can buy a new remote from... (the dealer was usless)

thanks cam...

Members dont see this ad

Stud pattern is definitely 4x100.

As for the keyless entry, I'd be fairly surprised if there was already a receiver in the car if it didn't have the keyless entry option. If the dealer can't provide you with the full keyless entry kit for that model, then why not just buy an aftermarket kit from Jaycar or similar? I've found that a Jaycar kit being used by my father-in-law on his Ford Courier has better range/reception than the standard keyless entry on my 2003 Corolla.

Yeah, but thats not counting for the actuators for the central locking, wiring to it etc, plus it'd be a headf@$k putting an immobiliser in a late model car unless you are up to date with them. You'd be better off *just* doing the central locking rather than trying to incorporate an immobiliser...

Pretty much anything by Jaycar is the go, I've noticed...