4a-e

BiGGy

Members dont see this ad
Have you got a 4A-E?

I picked up an old tercel 4x4 with a 4a-e, I want to put the 4x4 running gear in an old rwd rolla with a 4age, Do you know if the gearbox bellhousing from the tercel will fit a 4age? I really want to put the gear in my ae82 but i see alot of custom work for that.

I picked up an old tercel 4x4 with a 4a-e, I want to put the 4x4 running gear in an old rwd rolla with a 4age, Do you know if the gearbox bellhousing from the tercel will fit a 4age? I really want to put the gear in my ae82 but i see alot of custom work for that.

can't be 100% sure as i have never looked but been a 4A bottom end and the fact that a T-50 will fit 4A/GE/ZE engine i don't see why it would have a different mounting point.

can't be 100% sure as i have never looked but been a 4A bottom end and the fact that a T-50 will fit 4A/GE/ZE engine i don't see why it would have a different mounting point.

here are some pics i took of it today.

P1010478%20(Medium).JPG

the north-south 4a-e

P1010477%20(Medium).JPG

the gearbox and transfercase

P1010479%20(Medium).JPG

rear diff

P1010480%20(Medium).JPG

So seeing these pics, do you think its possible to turn an old ke70 or similar into 4x4. I'm thinking... adding a 4age, (which I have 2 off) using the tercel 5speed gearbox/transfer case connecting the ke70 rwd diff to the shaft and doing some custom work and replace the front tercel running gear into the ke70. Possible?

Edited by BiGGy

Is it an AL25?

A 4age will bolt up, but you may need to relocate some ancillaries as the transfer case gets in the way, AND the tercel driveline is weak as piss and will snap shit left right and centre if you try to overpower it.

Edited by 7shades

Aaah ok mine has a 3ac and was thinking of doing very similar things... ie: repowering the ninja tercel or transferring the entire driveline into one of these bloody ke70s I have sitting around.... although my initial measurements tell me there may be some clearance problems with the second option

how do I tell if its a AL25?

[/quote/]

First characters of the chassis code.

Yeah I think the engine must be a swapover job. But theoretically any a-series block will bolt up...

The tercel seems to have a much bigger transmission tunnel and the engine sits quite a bit higher

Edited by 7shades

First characters of the chassis code.

Yeah I think the engine must be a swapover job. But theoretically any a-series block will bolt up...

The tercel seems to have a much bigger transmission tunnel and the engine sits quite a bit higher

Ahh yes it is an AL25. That does seam a prob with the large gearbox, if I get my hands on a ke70 ill measure it all up.

Edited by BiGGy