4agze Flywheels

EX-MR2FREAK

Hey all,

I have been through most of the forums and have not managed to find a definitive answer.

Some people say a 4agze flywheel will fit in a T50, others object. I realise there are many variants(ie.AW11,AE101 etc.) of the 4agze out there. So i suppose different variants have different flywheels?

I have an AW11 4agze. Can anybody who has done an AE71/AE86 conversion with an AW11 MR2 4agze give me a clear answer as to whether or not the flywheel will fit.

If not, which is the most easily available replacement.

Thanks Heaps.

Members dont see this ad

Mine is a AE92 4AGZE (same as aw11 just dli) and the flywheel would not fit in the bellhousing so i got a silver top 20v flywheel and it fits nice.

If you get a 20v flywheel or a 100kw smallport 4age flywheel you will need a clutch from a AE92 SX (100kw smallport) corolla.

If you get a flywheel off a bigport (AE82 twinky) you will need a clutch from a AE82 twinky.

You also need a spigot/pilot bearing for the crank if its going on a T-50.

The main reason why the 4AGZE flywheel doesnt fit is due to the sheer hieght of it.

Des :ninja:

Edited by too quick

Starter is on the exhaust side and it works fine on mine, bites in and spins the flywheel up.

4AGZE - 4AC manuel sandwich plate - 20v flywheel with pilot bearing installed in crank - Exedy clutch - T-50 input shaft.

Best to get a 2nd hand flywheel machined/surfaced before use.

Edited by too quick