V-blets On Sc12/14.

Hi,

Well I'm building a big air blower out of a SC14 supercharger. But I ran into the problem it has a flat belt like modern cars have and I needed to run V-belts to turn it. Also for a K motor to mount a SC it is easier if you use V-belts.

So today in the shed after some measuring and looking I noticed the V-belt pulley with clutch in it off a sigma aircon pump FITS the SC14 I have :) All you need to do is remove all of it apart from the barrel the bearing sits on and do a swap.

So I added photos below to make it easier to explain.

post-1811-1168932549_thumb.jpg

The pic above shows the aircon on the left and SC14 on the right and both pulled back to the aluminum barrel that holds the bearing.

post-1811-1168932606_thumb.jpg

Above shows the old electro magnet off the aircon sitting on the SC14. All i had to do to make it fit was grind off one locating pin as the aircon had 2 the SC14 has one so bit of a grind and it slipped on :P

post-1811-1168932684_thumb.jpg

Above shows the old aircon V-belt pulley on the SC14 this slides on like it was made to fit. The reason for changing the electro magnet is seen here as the inside diameter of the V-belt pulley is smaller so it wont go over the SC14 one. But after a swap it will slid on. Also according to measurements the bearing holder on the SC14 is 0.08mm smaller in diameter so no play at all on it so nice and tight.

post-1811-1168932835_thumb.jpg

Above shows the clutch plate now on. The reason for using the SC14 original clutch plate is that the shaft of the SC14 has a spline in it and the shaft of the sigma aircon had a key in it so the aircon one wont fit. But the SC14 one is the same diameter and the grip faces meet up so it fits on nice and works :) Gripped tight when the magnet was turned on.

So after that you will have an SC14 with V-belt pulleys on it ready to go on a K motor or in my case be able to be fitted to any air compressor motor I find..lol

Cameron

Members dont see this ad

Xanys discovery:

however i decided to go a little further and take the v belt pulley off the air con pump i had sitting at the bench. i got that off and the supercharger pulley off......however the bearing in the air con one is a bit on the f@$ked side of things.......so its off to geebung tomorrow to find one from a bearing place somewhere.

outcome was this.

vbelt.jpg

pretty good fit i thought.

Hey Ben thanks for digging that up that Xany already wrote up. But mm mine is just a bit more detail..lol But I have ended up changing my setup now so I'll write that up next.

Ok today after some fiddling with my new SC14 clutch I found the original clutch and all when it was assembled had about 10mm of threaded shaft sticking out of it to do the final pulley nut up. But with my setup I found I had 1turn of thread sticking out :P So I new there was a single pulley A/C on a sigma so I went looking for one at the wreckers so but they didn't have any :) But he also said at wrecker he wont split a pulley off an A/C pump so he wants $75 for a shitted A/C pump WTF way to dear so I left. Came home and I decided after so more measuring I had enough metal there to machine it down to fit. So I mounted the pulley in the lathe and I took the clutch face part of the pulley down as it was about 6mm thick it is now 2mm thick and the pulley is still strong :) But I am not using this on a car so it is strong enough for my application. But I would recommend a 3mm min for a car setup.

But here is a pic of the finished product:

post-1811-1169009072_thumb.jpg

Picture is dark but I also bead blasted the pulley to a shiny finish all over and clean as now. And you can also see how I machined it down.

But After cleaning up the surface of the pulley and de-burring it and making it nice I mounted it to the SC and in the pic below you can just see how it clears inside with all the cir clips..lol But note this pic was taken before the burrs were removed after machining it so there GONE as this was a trial fit..

post-1811-1169009202_thumb.jpg

But after doing this mod I was able to get the whole nut onto the shaft of the SC right up to where it originally sat and it grips good with no slip so SUCCESS. But One note to I am not using the clutch in this I have locked it and removed the magnet pack for my use But if anyone wanted a clutch just put the magnet behind the pulley when you assemble it and leave clearance between the clutch face and the pulley all I did was made 0 clearance here so the clutch is engaged 24/7.

Cameron

Edited by camerondownunder88