February 7, 200719 yr comment_163092 Will a T-18 diff and axles fit straight into a KE70? i have a chance to purchase one at a resonable price is it worth it? Thanks Glenn Report
February 7, 200719 yr comment_163093 Yes they bolt straight up but you need the t-18 tailshaft aswell, Does the t-18 diff your looking at have sway bar mounts ? Report
February 7, 200719 yr Author comment_163110 well its still in the car so it has everything i guess, there is no gearbox in the car but didnt notice if the tailshaft was there. How much should i expect to pay for one of these? Report
February 8, 200719 yr comment_163112 I paid $220 for the t18 diff I've got. They are worthwhile because they are the same housing as an early ae86 and therefore you can purchase an aftermarket lsd for it. There is no mech lsd available for the borg warner in a ke70. The only other problem your going to have is that you will probably need to get a custom tailshaft made. In the ae71 you can use the front half of an ae86 tailshaft and the rear half of the t18 shaft top make it work but I'm not sure if you can do that as the ke70 will have a k40 or k50 gearbox as opposed to a t50 as found in the ae86/ae71. And you can't just use the rear half of the t18 shaft because it will not bolt to the front half you have. Currently my t18 diff and shaft is sitting gathering dust as I have a locked standard diff in my ae71. What are you using your car for and what engine do you think you will end up with? If your going turbo skip using the t18 diff, if your staying K motor I doubt you will break the t18 diff or your standard diff (unless its locked, but I havent had any trouble with mine yet) Report
February 8, 200719 yr comment_163113 the diff I bought was going cost me $100, but I traded other parts for it so i guess it was free ;) p.s. my T18 made 11/1979 does NOT have sway bar mounts. Report
February 8, 200719 yr comment_163117 I will find out what T series diff my mate is using as I'm pretty sure he has sway bars but he also had disc brakes (until his wife bent a axle drifting). Report
February 8, 200719 yr Author comment_163125 i am putting a 4agte into my KE70 so i will need something a little stronger than the diff i have at the moment, at this stage i will be using a t50 from a ae86/ae71 depending on which i can get my hands on first, then maybe moving onto a W series gbox depending on how long the t50 lasts and how much i can get the bellhousing for. the t18 diff i am looking at has drum brakes on the rear. so should i look for something else or is this what i should get? thanks Report
February 8, 200719 yr comment_163126 How much power are you pushing out ? Id be going straight to a W series gearbox and wouldnt even worry about the T-50. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now