Urgent 5k Caby Info Needed!!!

camerondownunder88

Hi,

Got 5K into car today and running thanks to help of trev but it idles fast can't be timed long story there and is a bugger to run.

So I am looking into swapping the 5K carbie throats and jets into the 3K one. So I was wondering will they fit and what are the 5K jet sizes and throat diameters. I read the FAQ only has 4 and 3K ones.

Also will a 4K points dizzy go into a 5K block? Probably yes. Why u say my electric dizzy don't have time to muck with it so going old school for ease of use for a few months then swapping back to electric dizzy and before you ask keeping the electric dizzy not for sale..lol

Cameron

Edited by camerondownunder88

Members dont see this ad
Hi,

Got 5K into car today and running thanks to help of trev but it idles fast can't be timed long story there and is a bugger to run.

So I am looking into swapping the 5K carbie throats and jets into the 3K one. So I was wondering will they fit and what are the 5K jet sizes and throat diameters. I read the FAQ only has 4 and 3K ones.

Also will a 4K points dizzy go into a 5K block? Probably yes. Why u say my electric dizzy don't have time to much with it so going old school for ease of use btut before you ask keeping the electric dizzy not for sale..lol

Cameron

Dissy will fit not sure about jets,but can't hurt to try.

Matt

The carbs are aisan brand. You can change the venturis over fairly easily, though personally I wouldn't waste to much energy on the stock carbs. Smaller venturis give better throttle response and torque at lower revs.

Get a DCD weber from a mk1 1500gt cortina if you want performance, economy and excellent drivability. Not to mention the tunability of DCOE's with interchangable venturis, mainjets, air bleeds, emusion tubes, idle jets, and accellerator pump jets....

Nothing wrong with the points dizzys. I've found they have a more aggressive advance curve than the electronic ones, which gives better overall performance. You do need something like a Jaycar HEI kit to ensure long term points reliability though. The points in my ke15 are about 5 years old. You only need to check and correct the point gap once in a while to account for points rubbing block wear, and the timing shift that goes hand in hand.

Edited by Felix
added info

You can change the venturis in the aisan carbs. Normally though you should change the air bleed jets to match, the change in venturi size. The rule for webers is to start with an airbleed one fiftieth the size of its venuri.

Problem with the aisans is that the emulsion tubes, and airbleeds are one piece with the auxillary venturis. You might get close, but it will always be a compromise. A set of jet drills would help, but they are f@$king expensive.

venturis/chokes.... same thing. :jamie: