5k Ke30

billygoat

Hey all my names Jarrod I live in capalaba and own a 78 ke30 4dr sedan. It came with the stock 3k which needed a rebuild so i stripped it down and left it there for 8 months.

Got board saturday just gone so I went and bought a complete 5k and dropped it in, it isn't running just yet needs a few things such as a radiator.

The only other things I've done so far is put a woodgrain steering wheel on goes well with the vinyl seats and some gold skull door lock knobs.

Transmission is automatic might swap it later on down the line but not in the near future. Anyway here are some pics.

post-1485-1172540925_thumb.jpgpost-1485-1172540991_thumb.jpg

post-1485-1172541100_thumb.jpgpost-1485-1172541167_thumb.jpg5k in engine bay

5k ready to go in

Members dont see this ad

The guy I bought it of was a car detailer for toyota where I used to work. he had it sitting in the garage for months wanted 500 bucks for it I offered him 200 and picked it up the next day. Its got a bit of panel work needed but not too bad for a $200 car. thanks for the comments

Jarrod

Jared, in terms of getting a radiator to suit auto you could always buy a manual rad and then run an oil cooler from your tranny. Coolers can be had at the wreckers for $100 or so, sometimes less. To run the lines simply run efi fuel hose up to the coooler at the front and back to the tranny. Alternately I have a 4spd here you can have for nothing. You'd just have to put the shifter back on it.

Craig

Cheers graig, Mum told me about that the other night when you told her. Picked up a cooler for $22 from boss wrecking off a magna, getting the radiator is another problem. Might go for a commodore one or something Once that is sorted I just need a bracket to come off the carby to the accelerator cable for the adjustment and I can hook the rest up and she can drive.

The bracket for the 3k carby comes from the rocker cover and since I had to put in a ke70 throttle cable the adjustment point has changed. Had to put ke70 cable in so it would reach the carby by the way. I might be changing to a 32/36 webber this weekend anyway I'll see how the new job goes and how drunk I get on friday night.

Thanks nickyg happing to get more done this weekend but I have just started to work at a new place and am not sure if I can stay there after my two weeks time is up so I have to save some money. Nopsi I will take that four speed off your hands if you still have it. I'll send you an email about it if you don't get it I'll talk to you at the gym next week. The plans for this weekend if I can is to get a bracket for the throttle cable and a 32/36 webber and get that sorted out as in a new manifold and I might get onto a bloke I know about making me a full 2inch exhaust and tuned length 4-1 extractors.