Ke20 4agze

Foxtail

Well its almost finished, my ke20 project. I used to own this car years ago, I sanded it back to factory undercoat and sold it to a panelbeater. Then I sold him a ZE. Now I have it back.

Fully seam welded, *special* 4agze with $3000 race ported head and custom 283 degree USA billet cams, adjustable wheels, SC14 charger, very strong presure plate and organic clutch, the perfect T50, custom tail shaft, vl pump, racing recliners, new carpet, new dash, new roof lining, AE86 struts with RA60 calipers and vented rotors, borg warner panelvan diff.

2pak metallic blue with purple pearls.

I am hoping for 12s, as I ran these cams in another SC14 ze (in a ke70 panelvan) and got mid 13s.

The pedal set was a challenge, I took out the brake master and bolted a AE86 clutch master into the brake pedal. Then I got a AE86 brake pedal set and bolted that next to the old brake (thats now the clutch) then put in a KE30 master and boost, moved the accelarator and cable over, added remote resovior for the clutch master.

The engine mount are custom.

Next step is the radiator, wiring and finish the little things on the body (like windscreen)

S5001068s.JPG

S5001069s.JPG

S5001070s.JPG

S5001071s.JPG

S5001072s.JPG

S5001073s.JPG

S5001075s.JPG

S5001076s.JPG

S5001077s.JPG

Members dont see this ad

S5001046s.JPG

When you look at a AE86 brake pedal box, there is an odd bracket on it (that bolts to the firewall) Its got these flared tubes on it to space it about 10mm out from the firewall. The KE30 booster was going to hit some things on the outside of the firewall, so I put 10mm tube spacers on the booster bolts to space the booster away from the firewall. Problem then is the booster bolts are too short so I removed the pedal box plate that had the flared tubes on it (the plate is spot welded to the pedal box). The position of the booster is critical as the clutch master is right next to it, and I had to tap in my strut tower a couple of mm to get the brake master not to touch the tower.

I do have to re-inforce the pedal box to the steering colum/original box, as there is too much flex in the firewall. I will do that soon.

The panelbeater did the rocker cover. Its some kind of wrinkle paint.

Has anyone tried to put a different diff into a KE20??

I just pulled out mine, and am about to bolt in a KE70 wagon diff and springs (with 3 inch lowering blocks) but I noticed that the original diff had the shocks bolting to the diff not the carriers!! and the shock tunnel doesnt give much room for change. I have reversed my carriers and will see what happens when I try to bolt it all up.