Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Little Ke20

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8/

That's a bit excessive don't you think........

Anyway would be nice to see some pic's of the progress. :jamie:

Actually it was Poz's computer that froze up on me, so I kept clicking. But I think it still illustrates my point... 8/

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Ok so Ben's right, i've had the car since March last year and haven't posted anything since. Time for an update...

 

After stripping, down to the panel beaters for some rust removal and a respray:

post-594-1201608296_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608340_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608364_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608375_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608383_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608394_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608404_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608416_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Some after shots of the respray, very happy with it.

post-594-1201608558_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608577_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608594_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608604_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608618_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608629_thumb.jpg

  • Author

And some more recent shots......

 

The car is now complete, unfortunately she wasn't ready for the Great Ocean Rd cruise just hosted over the Aus Day weekend, but she's booked in for a vehicle inspection on Friday, i'm getting addicted to driving her so I hope she passes straight away! I don't really want to have to go through engineering if I don't have to, just want to drive my baby.

 

And something more important; I'd like to give credit to those that deserve it for this project too, because I am no mechanic or panel beater and couldnt have done this without the support and knowledge of certain members on these forums; webers4x48 (leigh) for his general advice and tuning up the 5K, kickin5k (stu) for knowing everyone in the state and connecting me up with some bargains, Sheqel (Ben) for his witty banter and driving my arse everywhere last year and last and by far the most credit goes to pozman (Paul) as he's spent just as many hours on this car as i have, and given up many many of his days to come and make things work when everything has gone to shit. The car wouldn't be what it is today without his time and patience..................thankyou. Particuarly in the week leading up to the GOR cruise. :hmm:

 

Next step is lowering, and wheels. Save up the $$$ first. Picked up some Recaro seats to install, along with the 5x Autometer gauge cluster and stereo system. Oh and a 5 speed gearbox that needs attention and installing ASAP. Still lots to do. :S

post-594-1201608711_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608726_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608741_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608761_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201608789_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Couple more I just found, taken before the roadworthy last Friday with the front bumper back on.

 

Also to note; the 'No Fear' sticker has been removed.

post-594-1201610585_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201610603_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201610617_thumb.jpg

post-594-1201610633_thumb.jpg

Looks real nice man, huge differnece from when you bought it.

 

Hope she passes the roadworthy :hmm:

 

May I ask how much you paid for the respray?

 

Ohhh and any interior shots?

Edited by sixsixone

  • Author

Thanks mate, the roadworthy will pass as soon as I change front brake pads (tomorrow) as this was the only thing left after last week's sprint to get her ready for the cruise. Just hoping VicRoads lets the engine conversion through without engineering.

 

I paid $3000 for the respray. The quality of the respray is excellent, but the guy had no idea how to run a business and I wouldnt recommend him to anyone. He caused me many headache's and my car would have been on the road by Xmas if I'd gone elsewhere, but I would have paid twice as much. So I compromised, but am very happy with the end result.

  • Author

Haha post edit - interior shots...........none yet, but i'll post some when I put my Recaros in, because by that time the interior will be 99% complete anyway.

Thanks mate, the roadworthy will pass as soon as I change front brake pads (tomorrow) as this was the only thing left after last week's sprint to get her ready for the cruise. Just hoping VicRoads lets the engine conversion through without engineering.

 

I paid $3000 for the respray. The quality of the respray is excellent, but the guy had no idea how to run a business and I wouldnt recommend him to anyone. He caused me many headache's and my car would have been on the road by Xmas if I'd gone elsewhere, but I would have paid twice as much. So I compromised, but am very happy with the end result.

 

All in all I spose it was worth the wait if you got it for that much cheaper? Well, goodluck with the roadworthy, I think we're all hoping that they pass it without engineering :hmm:

 

Haha post edit - interior shots...........none yet, but i'll post some when I put my Recaros in, because by that time the interior will be 99% complete anyway.

 

Hehe, yea tried to beat you. Can't wait to see. The dash sounds pretty cool :S

 

Cheers

looks really tidy. what colour blue is that?

  • Author

I've been told it's based on Ford Blueprint, but darker.

very tidy, top marks son.

 

cheers, scott

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.