So I Had To Act The Dumb Blonde Today....

SoulSearcher

AAAhhhhhh *breathe*

So I was driving tonight and I changed from 3rd to 2nd to zoom pssshht through the round about and I saw a police car on the side of the road, I checked my speed and I was ok, but then he pulled out behind me, and turned on his lights and pulled me over!!!

He said "where's your blow off valve"

ME; Huh? I don't have one...

Him: yes you do, if it makes the psshht noise you have a blow off valve and they're illegal.

Me: I don't have one, this is all factory standard!!!

him: how long have you had the car?

me: about a year...

him: well someone some time has put on a blow off valve *looking under the bonnet* if I could only find where they've hidden it.

me: *being helpful* well, this engine is pretty much brand new, and this piping here *points* I had put back on because it had , what do they call it, oh, yeah, a pod thingy and I wanted it stock so they put it all back together for me, and I've only had this engine for about 5,000klms and the only thing that makes noise is that: *points to the wannabe blow off valve with the speccy blue filter on top* but the reason that's on there is because there was an oil leak and the filter stops it making a mess, see you can see a bit of oil down there....

him: well *still looking* that's not a blow off valve, you do know that I could defect you?

me: but I don't HAVE A BLOW OFF VALVE *stomps foot*

him: ma'm do you have your licence?

me: uhhh yeah

him *still looking*

me: can I please borrow your torch?

him: shines torch in my purse

me: look, I have the car regularly serviced at mount barker, if I had an illegal blow off valve, it would void my warranty!

him: well, they're not good for the environment, they're not good for the car, and if they're plumbed back they don't make a noise

me: I'm telling you I don't HAVE A BLOW OFF VALVE!!!!!!! I can take it to Toyota tomorrow to get checked out, but I don't have one! My car is factory standard!

him: do you still live at this address?

me: yes

him: well you don't look like a hoon

me: *giggle* well, I may be a little bit of a hoon, I do love my car *flutters eyelashes* :D

him: well, hmmmm. if I knew more about these things I'd defect you

me: well, the car is due for a service, I'll talk to Howard!

======

I drove to the shop and kaked myself laughing, and rang my guy at Toyota and told them I needed a letter saying my car was factory standard and as it's factory standard I can't be defected and they said they'll get onto it for me tomorrow!

======

Lesley :yes:

glad to be a girl!

Members dont see this ad

well Clint, considering this is only the 3rd blonde moment in the last year I think I'm doing pretty well, and plus, well shameful as it is, I know how to use the dumb blonde to advantage and I do employ it occasionally, but at least I admit to it!!!!

AND the clincher - if I had have reacted any other way, I would have been defected!

Lesley :D

Edited by SoulSearcher

well Clint, considering this is only the 3rd blonde moment in the last year I think I'm doing pretty well, and plus, well shameful as it is, I know how to use the dumb blonde to advantage and I do employ it occasionally, but at least I admit to it!!!!

AND the clincher - if I had have reacted any other way, I would have been defected!

Bahahaha, outsmartin' a law enforcement officer. And heyyyyyyyyy, arent you a red-head? :D

Funny story, but arrr in response to the bold bit, ANY car is defectable. Coming from an ethical standards cop "If i or an officer wanted to, 99 out of 100 cars could be defected, its just a matter of looking" But you story just goes to prove how clueless and revenue raising cops are these days.

AAAhhhhhh *breathe*

So I was driving tonight and I changed from 3rd to 2nd to zoom pssshht through the round about and I saw a police car on the side of the road, I checked my speed and I was ok, but then he pulled out behind me, and turned on his lights and pulled me over!!!

He said "where's your blow off valve"

ME; Huh? I don't have one...

Him: yes you do, if it makes the psshht noise you have a blow off valve and they're illegal.

Me: I don't have one, this is all factory standard!!!

him: how long have you had the car?

me: about a year...

him: well someone some time has put on a blow off valve *looking under the bonnet* if I could only find where they've hidden it.

me: *being helpful* well, this engine is pretty much brand new, and this piping here *points* I had put back on because it had , what do they call it, oh, yeah, a pod thingy and I wanted it stock so they put it all back together for me, and I've only had this engine for about 5,000klms and the only thing that makes noise is that: *points to the wannabe blow off valve with the speccy blue filter on top* but the reason that's on there is because there was an oil leak and the filter stops it making a mess, see you can see a bit of oil down there....

him: well *still looking* that's not a blow off valve, you do know that I could defect you?

me: but I don't HAVE A BLOW OFF VALVE *stomps foot*

him: ma'm do you have your licence?

me: uhhh yeah

him *still looking*

me: can I please borrow your torch?

him: shines torch in my purse

me: look, I have the car regularly serviced at mount barker, if I had an illegal blow off valve, it would void my warranty!

him: well, they're not good for the environment, they're not good for the car, and if they're plumbed back they don't make a noise

me: I'm telling you I don't HAVE A BLOW OFF VALVE!!!!!!! I can take it to Toyota tomorrow to get checked out, but I don't have one! My car is factory standard!

him: do you still live at this address?

me: yes

him: well you don't look like a hoon

me: *giggle* well, I may be a little bit of a hoon, I do love my car *flutters eyelashes* :D

him: well, hmmmm. if I knew more about these things I'd defect you

me: well, the car is due for a service, I'll talk to Howard!

======

I drove to the shop and kaked myself laughing, and rang my guy at Toyota and told them I needed a letter saying my car was factory standard and as it's factory standard I can't be defected and they said they'll get onto it for me tomorrow!======

glad to be a girl!

Hahaha nice one Lesley,

I remember getting pulled over not long be4 i was due to get off my P's, i thought the car behind me was a mate up until i we hit street lights and i realised it had lights on the roof... and yeh got pulled over for dragging another mate off at the lights (in my mum's VN, which just happened to be covered in mud from the previous hour of sliding round in the mud :D) But yeh they looked over the car did the whole " Were you dragging racing back there" and I'm like "no i took off a lil fast but thats it", then they are like "there was smoke coming off ur tyres", i'm like "i saw a bit of smoke thought it was the guy next to me". He's lookin at the mud covered car. " is this ur vehicle?" "Nah its mums, I'm not used to driving it, its got a lil more poiwer than mine". (hahaha) Then he's like "Well can i see ur lisence please" I'm like "sure"

He's looking at it and it clearly says Morphett Vale on it, and I'm heading to the bay he says " Are you on your way home", I'm like "yeh". Then his mate gets out the car some old guy and he's like we gotta go... (they just got a call on the radio) then the young one is like " well ur lucky i was about to book ya but coz we gotta attend this call i don't have time. don't do it again be more careful" so I'm like" no probs". LOL

That was lucky i reckon he prolly coulda taken my lisence coz be4 i noticed them behind me i was speeding too... lol

Hahaha.

All too true. I guess us guys can offer to buy 'em donuts or a cup of coffee and see where that gets us. :D

Told you that sneezing car would land you in trouble at some point Lesley :yes:

Edited by Raven

Good work lesley! :yes: girls get all the luck with cops :D if the engine is still standard (which i think it is), there IS a blow off valve on it. when i owned it i was driving somewhere one night and booted it and heard a "psssch" and wondered wtf it was (had the car for about 1 year at this stage and never heard it). investigated and turns out it was the BOV. from memory its a lil black bosch thing hanging off one of the hoses on the RHS of the engine bay. thats the way it came from the factory though as far as I'm aware, and it DOES vent straight to the atmosphere :fuzz: have a squiz around the engine bay near where i've circled on the following pic next time you're under the hood :yes:

untitled1copyce1.jpg

well i've thought of showing my man boobs to a cop but I'm sure id get un alot more trouble a lot quicker.

id either be in the cop shop or the cops house either one not a good thing

:D /\

It does help to be a girl in some of these situations but at the end of the day if you don't do anything stupid you shouldnt get pulled over. If you do get pulled over all you need to do is act nice and play dumb if they are picking on you to do with something illegal on your car. I have been let off with my exhaust being too loud and also my tyres hanging too wide out the guards. Both times I played stupid and they let me off with a warning. The exhaust incident was a funny one though. Cruising through town one night i pulled into rundle st. It was about 2am and they had a defect station setup right in the middle of the st. They pulled me over and checked out my car. I had only put new treads on the car that day so I knew they couldnt hasstle me for that so I wasn't too worried. The officer then came up to my window and asked me to start my car up so they could check the exhaust. I had been driving a bit that night so the exhaust and engine was warm and that quietens the car down a fair bit. I advised the cop that the car was actually running and he didnt beleive me till i gave it a small rev. He then proceeded to check the exhaust and asked me to bring revs up to about 3000rpm. I couldnt get it to sit exactly on 3k and the exhaust started to pop and crackle when I let the accelerator go. The cop came up to me and advised me the car was about 95db and the legal limit is 90db (or something thereabouts... it was a while ago now). He then advised me they were about to pack up and he couldnt be bothered with writing up a defect this late so told me to have the exhaust fixed as soon as possible and let me go. :fuzz: Woot.... Needless to say the car is still running the same exhaust to this day!

investigated and turns out it was the BOV. from memory its a lil black bosch thing hanging off one of the hoses on the RHS of the engine bay. thats the way it came from the factory though :fuzz:

yes, I know I have one (remember I said I had to *act* dumb?) :D but technically it's not a blow off valve, all it is, is a pipe that breathes/vents :yes: that's what I pointed out to the policeman and he told me that it wasn't a blow off valve LOL!!! Probably because it doesn't look like the usually greddy BOV :yes:

I've already spoken to Toyota, and they're writing a letter for me, so I can keep it in my glove box just in case there is a next time.

Lesley :)

:D /\

It does help to be a girl in some of these situations but at the end of the day if you don't do anything stupid you shouldnt get pulled over.

Ha!!! Try driving in Victoria. The coppers will pull you over for the hell of it!