Full Grille Ke38 Van

teza40

Hi to all,

ok the day before the april fool day run in brisbane 2007,was toying with this idea for a long while,

and finally have done it...

the pics tell the story....enjoy

started off a round eyed van

post-2215-1175309938.jpg

then got some square eyes and one closed over

post-2215-1175309985.jpg

looks ok with one eye open

post-2215-1175310270.jpg

but alot better with both eyes closed

post-2215-1175310347.jpg

12-4-07

ok was out playing taxi driver in the lil van yesterday,( i take my girlfriends niece to work on regular occassions )

picked her up and was going along morayfield road.on the other side was a police crew cab vehicle,they took a little look my way whilst goin past. i looked for them to turn around and come say hello,but they didnt.

dropped of kara at work back onto morayfield road and into torrens road, and hello there they are again.i did my usual and turned into a side street (i use this one to cut back too home),and was followed down this street by the police.

so instant thought was,ok the grille has their attention,the lights were flashed..pretty red n blue ones....i pulled up and out came one of the two officers with a breatheliyzer unit in his hand.random breath test (usual deal).

so did all that and had no problems.

and for the second time,not a word about the full grille covering the headlights.

mmmmm third time lucky...maybe..stay tuned.

Edited by teza40

Members dont see this ad
I was going to ask you today if that was a factory release or if you had modified it but you were leaving, So how did you do it?

Hey Trev,sorry we didnt get to chat.

ok,no not a factory release option.i had 2 of those grille`s one had a crack across the top on the right side headlight area,so good excuse to cut it up for the inserts.

got out the 4 inch grinder,roughly and i mean roughly worked out what part of the grille to use.had tried to keep the factory round headlights but to no avail so ended up with the square one recessed back to clear the full grille (used the original brackets,but reshaped them and cut some metal out of the headlight bucket to ste it all back towards the radiator panel).

the inserts over the headlights are held in one side with a self tapper screw and 2 cable ties on the other side (easy to remove,if the law don't like it) and I'm sure i will get done for it eventually but hey thats life.

so in all not a perfect neat job only took around 3 hours, but from a distance it looks the part.

cheers

teza40

looks good from the side, but from the front looks a bit grandpa with the old style lattice look. now you need venetians for the back window and your set. :D

cheers.

Hey Woddstock,lol.

well i got the car from my nan,so venetians would be a good and fitting look on the side and back window.

if i left the car in one colour, but i have a custom paint job worked out for it.

so may not suit,thanks for the idea tho

cheers

teza40

p.s. a mini truck style full chromed tube bar grille would be much nicer.

That's mad, You got the idea from the ol'skool rockers you used to drive didnt you :D

thanks Trev...well sort of,i like different things done to different cars mate.standard factory look can always be improved..he he he.

it sort of like the late sixties camaro and mercury cougar and dodge charger 500 to name a few..our aussie ford landua coupe had them also..

cheers

funny thing happened today,was at macca`s springwood.had just parked the lil panel van and my girls were getting out and along comes mr police officer and parks nose to nose in front of the van..mmm test to see if full grille gets attention..............waited (i was in the car still)...don't reckon he even noticed it...

cheers

teza

Gets attention from the right sort of people :)

ha ha ha ha yep thanks,so long as it stays that way.because i have gotten to like the look of the full grille,will suit the future look of the car once its painted.

cheers

teza