Bloody Gutters!

Pretty much on the way home from work in my gemmy i turned right on an "infamous" slippery corner of which i had no idea about, got massive understeer, locked up and the front left wheel hit a curb which for some reason was like 15 centimetres high. anyway it put mad scratches on my rim and now my car pulls severely to the left and when turning left the wheel rubbs on the back of the guard. the impact seems to have pushed the wheel back abit into the guard and further towards the back of the car. has anyone else had an accident in the same situation and what damage did the car sustain. Could it just be that the lower control arm has been bent?

please reply with some good news as i fair don't want to have to spend too much on fixing this thing.

Cheers Beau :)

Members dont see this ad

I hit a gutter in a falcon i used to own a t 20km/h (thought i'd have enough room to swing a fast u-turn). Bent the lower control arm and swaybar link pin and thats it. Couldnt believe such a low speed hit could cause so much damage...

Edited by Raven

ok so i took both wheels off, had 4 mates have a look and still we have no idea what it could be. I am gonna take it to a mechanic tomorro just to get a quote and find out the problem then decide on the future. i have taken some photos of the damaged and undamaged side. If anyone can spot the difference please by all means let me know.

This is the damaged side

damagedqf9.th.jpg

This is the undamaged side

notdamagedil7.th.jpg

I know its not easy but anythin u can see.

Cheeeeers

Edited by Beau-Jangles

Yeh do i have to commit to a place after i get them to have a look? cause if i don't ill just get em to tell me what it is. i know that the upward little connector rod (no idea what its called, is right in the middle of the picture at the bottom of the spring) is bent forwards which doesnt make sense as the wheel sits further back in the guard. If its got anything to do with the bushes i might ask some details from ya felix.

Thanks for all your help

Yeh do i have to commit to a place after i get them to have a look? cause if i don't ill just get em to tell me what it is. i know that the upward little connector rod (no idea what its called, is right in the middle of the picture at the bottom of the spring) is bent forwards which doesnt make sense as the wheel sits further back in the guard. If its got anything to do with the bushes i might ask some details from ya felix.

Thanks for all your help

That upward connector is the link pin for the sway bar (which i mentioned before) and generally if its not in an upright position, you have either bent your lower control arm or bent the engine crossmember mounting point where the lower control arm bolts to.