Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Ke55

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

In the process of looking at buying a KE30 or KE55 model corolla.

 

So just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on any of the problems that the KE30 and KE55 models were prone to.

 

Cheers

wearing out tyres real quick from burnouts, speeding tickets, :y:

 

get one thats been treated well, and shouldn't have any problems, :P

 

they're good simple, reliable, strong little cars.

 

And i love em!

  • Author

Well lets see, rear wheel drive and 16 year old behind the wheel.

 

I'm sure there won't be any burnouts. lol. :y:

with 1200cc's of throbbing power - not much on a dry road :y:

Okay, for starters, the dash. Its meant to be cracked. The temp gauge, its meant to be at the same level as the fuel, or both on empty. The clock, if it works there's something wrong.

 

:y:

 

Okay seriously, these are all problems you may find. Dashes crack, fuel/temp gauge plays up and the clock plays up. These all can be fixed plus most people decide to get rid of the crappy clock. Plus i was told tonight by a mate that you can get the Quartz clock fixed for free as that brand has a lifetime warranty.

  • 2 weeks later...

I have found that they leak in wet weather.

I had a few drops on my rear parcel shelf...........fixed by going around again with windscreen sealant.

 

I had to replace my spare wheel well, as it was rusted out. I found that the rear side vents needed to have rubber gaskets made......also one had the inner plasic vent tube cracked. I replaced it and made gaskets for the vents.

 

Same with the tail lights.......needed to make rubber gaskets and applied sealant to fill the gap between the tail light outer and the car body.

 

Just waiting for rain now to see if I got it right.

 

I have changed doors and panels from a 55 onto my 35.........no problems.

 

If you do decide to go ahead with a project, keep me in mind.........I have heaps of spares of most body and engine/ gearbox stuff.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.