Im Going Rallying!

Mr Revhead

Members dont see this ad

well the rally has been and gone...

unfortunatly the engine developed a missfire and oil problem 15kays into the 1st stage (50k long). apparantly having a broken rod and 2 holes in the block caused this :sad:

so after arriving at the service park at 745am and getting the truck and tent set up we had to pull it down after less than 10mins. quite disapointing. the rest of the day was spent recovering the car and pulling the engine out so it can be rebuilt (replaced!) for the next round in 3 weeks.

on a plus i got to hang out with rally drivers and crews for 3 days! surrounded by heaps of flash cars etc :D

i was also lucky enough to be given a ride in the car (an ae111 levin) on the shakedown. i was AMAZED at the grip these cars have on gravel, rally tyres are amazing! the engine has been dynod (before blowup!) at between 170-200hp (shh secret) at the wheels, so it was no slug, the TRD gearset and LSD helps too.

so all in all i had an awesome time, and must have impressed the right people cause they have already asked me to help out on the south island rounds of next years champs! yay me! :P :P

p.s.

we didnt feel to bad about not finishing.... 28 other cars didnt as well

nelson rally results

scareist one is the starlet listed as dnf, reason: off road-in pond.... standing on the side of the pond it landed in you can just see the car under the water.... :)

Edited by Mr Revhead