215/45x17 On Ae82 Sedan

Beejae82

Hey, i was experimenting with my AE82 sedan today and after the hammer had a argument with the rear struts i managed to fit 215/45x17 tyres on 17x7 +40 mags under the guards, of course this isnt really a good idea to run but hey they fit. This is a diameter jump from 578mm to 625 mm, 205/40x17 are 596mm and 215/35x18 are 207mm and i just checked that 215/35x19 have a 633mm diamter only 6mm more than the 215/45x17. So i thought it would probably be the most stupidest thing ever but its totally possible to put 19's on the old AE82 (may have already been done!!!?). You would need a 2 inch lip roll on front and back and a +35-38mm offset. Good show car look!!!!

So i want to know what people have been able to fit under the guards of an AE92?

Its a bit of a stupid post but I'm guessing there are other people who have played around with clearances

DSCF0503.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0504.jpg

compared to the 205/40x17's below they fill the guards right up

DSCF4126.jpg

the top pics are with standard springs, the last pic is with superlows.

Edited by Beejae82

Members dont see this ad
Hey, i was experimenting with my AE82 sedan today and after the hammer had a argument with the rear struts i managed to fit 215/45x17 tyres on 17x7 +40 mags under the guards, of course this isnt really a good idea to run but hey they fit. This is a diameter jump from 578mm to 625 mm, 205/40x17 are 596mm and 215/35x18 are 207mm and i just checked that 215/35x19 have a 633mm diamter only 6mm more than the 215/45x17. So i thought it would probably be the most stupidest thing ever but its totally possible to put 19's on the old AE82 (may have already been done!!!?). You would need a 2 inch lip roll on front and back and a +35-38mm offset. Good show car look!!!!

So i want to know what people have been able to fit under the guards of an AE92?

Its a bit of a stupid post but I'm guessing there are other people who have played around with clearances

What you do to the rear struts?

I wish i could put large wheels on my ae82, The rear touches the top of the wheel well with stock rims and tyres at times and its still legal height.

Edited by Trev

hey man, I'm wrecking that corolla and if someone wanted to take it they werent having my superlows, they are going into an ae92 in the future. I'm buying a guard roller soon and ill practise on this beast until its gone and until i can roll without doing damage. to be able to tuck them you would need a massive lip or flare, but it would look sweet