Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problems With The Beast

Featured Replies

i've noticed over the last week or so that the pick up out of my 4k has been diminishing slowly ... but today it just wouldnt get going. i went to start it this morn and it wouldnt idle so i held it at 2500rpm til it warmed up. i headed off to school but everytime i had to start moving from a stop it would cough and splutter until it got to 2500-3000 then it would get going again. normally this wouldnt bother me but it does it when I'm crossing traffic and its getting dangerous.

 

i've gone over all vaccum lines and its not the choke so I'm out of ideas

I had a similar problem with my ke30, wouldn't idle, ran like shit, just the other morning, got home turns out it was so cold the carbie had iced up! Right on top of the main jet.

 

But i don't spose you have as cold morings as us folk in canberra!

My 35 would ice up in summer!!!!!! until I refitted the hot air pick up. It hated constant throttle highway cruising.

 

If its doing it from the word go, I'd check points and maybe the carby solenoid to see if its working.

  • Author

its now gone back to only when i go to move off from a stop i.e lights ... i check the points and timing fortnightly as it has a habit of eating them even though i've replaced all ignition parts, go figure. the solnoid only affects idle as i've done one of these before as well.

 

its like its being starved of fuel coz after a few pumps on the accelerator it runs alright ... i just wanna be able to fix it

What about the jets, mixture? or the floats? needle and seat? fuel filter? You would better off checking all those things before pulling the tank off to have a look at the pick-up that you suspect as the culprit

i've noticed over the last week or so that the pick up out of my 4k has been diminishing slowly ... but today it just wouldnt get going. i went to start it this morn and it wouldnt idle so i held it at 2500rpm til it warmed up. i headed off to school but everytime i had to start moving from a stop it would cough and splutter until it got to 2500-3000 then it would get going again. normally this wouldnt bother me but it does it when I'm crossing traffic and its getting dangerous.

 

i've gone over all vaccum lines and its not the choke so I'm out of ideas

 

Hey mate,

 

I gotta ke55 HTop and have had the same issue. I resolved it by flushing the carby with cleaning fluid several times. I also replaced the sparkys. I suspected i had a bad batch of fuel or junk had got into the lines. Ive had no problem with the car for 6 months now and i even gained a little power.

 

When in doubt go back to basics first....

post-2198-1182382428_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.