Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sr20 Intake Plenum Question

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I know this is probably the last place i should be asking this, but i thought what the hell, a few of you have done SR20s into KEXX rollas before so no harm in asking. I was putting an S13 SR20DET motor and box into my KE55 but the supplier decided to tell me today that they had sold my conversion package on me, but was given an alternative proposition for not much more money. An S15 SR20DET conversion package :P

 

Now my question is, how different are the intake plenums? I have a commodore style brake master cylinder and am worried that the motor will not fit properly in the bay. I am very keen on this motor but don't want to get it to find out that I can't fit it.

 

If there are any other differences please let me know. Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Cheers,

 

Anthony

 

PS. I'll get a project thread going when everythings sorted.

don't let the brakes stuffs fool you.. s15 sr20det much way powerfull comparing with the s13's.. ball-bearing turbocharger,larger plenum & throttle body.. phewww.. leave it stock is far from enough...

  • Author

Thanks for the replys guys,

 

I have already brought a larger brake master cylinder to go with my bigger brake setup its just that my supplier sold my S13 motor on me and have an S15 one they want to sell me. I know the plenum is different, but just curious as to whether anyone has tried fitting one before in a rolla with the commo style brake master. If not I may have to go with a KE30 booster/pajero master if this setup is physically smaller than my current one.

 

All help is much appreciated

 

Cheers,

 

Anthony

Thanks for the replys guys,

 

I have already brought a larger brake master cylinder to go with my bigger brake setup its just that my supplier sold my S13 motor on me and have an S15 one they want to sell me. I know the plenum is different, but just curious as to whether anyone has tried fitting one before in a rolla with the commo style brake master. If not I may have to go with a KE30 booster/pajero master if this setup is physically smaller than my current one.

 

All help is much appreciated

 

Cheers,

 

Anthony

Hi mate i know of a guy doing exact conversion s15 engine into ke55 , it fits with room to spare i wouldnt worry about clearance issues as s15 engine has top mount plenum and should clear booster and master easily. if in doubt , pull out the old faithfull tape measure.

  • Author

radrollaz, thanks for that information mate. It's what I wanted to hear. I'd love to get the old faithful measuring tape out, but I don't have access to an S15 to do so or the motor itself til i get it.

 

Thanks all for your help.

 

Cheers,

 

Anthony

sell the brake stuffs to sombody and continue on the S15 with no worries... (S15 brakes more than enuff)..

S15 plenum are detachable... great porting/polish job..!!!.. and they r big..!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.