Next Victorian Event

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, my guess at 250kms was a bit off...at most, it's 150km from bacchus - mt macedon - bacchus. without stops its close to 1 hour and 40 mins.

Here's the run layout, time's not concrete atm. (i'll organise a map to be put up in a few days, a bit of scanning and coloring needs to be done first)

~1:00 - leaving bacchus main st heading out towards ballarat. take the pykes creek/blackwood/trentham exit, turn right. right at the roundabout in greendale (22kms from start). hillclimb and then windy roads for 10kms to blackwood. turn left toward trentham, again hills and windy for another 15kms until trentham. ~1:40 arrive in trentham, rest area, toilets, milkbar.

~2:00 - leave (if take break) and head out of trentham, turn right toward east trentham (pearsons rd/pig and whistle sign) just out of trentham. follow until turn right at ashbourne rd (bus shelter on left, 10 kms from trentham), bit windy near woodend. come to woodend, turn left and then right toward mt macedon (mt macedon rd). very hilly and windy road all the way until the memorial cross (turn right toward the cross, BIG SIGN) arrive at cross ~2:45.

~leave whenever, head back out and down mt macedon, turn off towards melbourne at calder freeway. hammer down that on towards deer park, food, catch-up at nobblers.

MeetPoint.jpg

just knocked up a quickie map thing, big red circle is meet point, there's a multi-deck carpark at the shops, figured up top would be easy to find and get us all together.

can take the first or second exit to bacchus. first one goes straight onto main st, the second one you'll need to go left at the lights and left again at the first roundabout.

little red ones are food, there's also a few servos close by and a coles at the carpark for last minute things.

Butty: we can meet you at the pykes creek turnoff to save you the extra drive if you'd like, + it would be a good spot to stop and get the ranks back together after the freeway section. let me know how you'd like to do it :P

i'll try and get the map of the run during the week for you all.

cheers df

alright, send me ur mobile number via PM and i'll give you a call when we leave from bacchus. we'll should be at the turn-off by around 1:10~1:15 if we leave at 1. i'd reckon just aim to arrive at the servo/kfc on the freeway at around 1 and it should all be good :P (assuming that you know those servo's intimately lol)

yeah, that's what i was thinking :P just like me and the missus ALWAYS stop at the BP in deer park coming home from the city.

poz/webers - could you organise some sort of pick up plan for others as you come thru from franga? i dunno if this would work or not as i really don't know where others are from :P