Ca18det With Sr20 Turbo

ive got a ke30 with ca18det at the moment has standard computer, standard turbo and dump pipe, has 2.5 inch exhaust and small intercooler. I bought a 180sx type x turbo off a sr20 (slightly bigger than a silvia sr20 turbo) which I'm going to fit to it as well as a 3 inch dump pipe, wondering if anyone has done the sr20 turbo onto ca and what kind of results they achieved. i will be doing it in a couple of weeks and dynoing it before and after but at the moment id say its making around 165rwhp and hoping for around 190rwhp when done. is that a resonable target?

Edited by sleepercorty

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

i wouldn t think you ll make 190rwhp with a standard computer and standard boost cut. but you may nissansilvia.com is a good source for this kinda info bud!

Also what is a type x sr20 turbo? Sr's had t25g (s13) t28 (s14) and t 28 ballbearing(s15)

Just a comparsion my mates ca18 made 212rwhp with a t28 and aftermarket ecu and bigger injectors on 13.5psi

Edited by ca18rolla

my old bluey made 150(198hp)kw with a remapped comp, a good exhaust, supra cooler, not sure of the boost.

unsure if it was wheel or flywheel (new owner dynoed it), but either way, thats a good start for an essentially stock motor. And it was a formidable car to drive.

in a 900kg rolla, it would be much much more formidable.

• 2 weeks later...

well results were alot better than i expected, the only mods the car has are 2.5 inch press bent exhaust with standard dump, small front mount and 11psi, with standard turbo made 178.6rwhp and with changing only the turbo to t25g made 203.7rwhp on 12psi. still has plenty of fuel for more boost so that is the next mod get rid of boost cut and see what around 16psi does. i have a feeling but that the standard injectors will ruin the party at about 220-230rwhp but time will tell.