Jip_01's Ke36 Dorris 1 (d1) & 2 (d2)

JiP

Well as of today there are four cars in my stable.

I found this car a few streets away from my house. It was on the day my sister was moving house and I thought it would be handy if i had a wagon to transport her crap.

post-1158-1188212334_thumb.jpg

Well its been sitting there for months so I thought I'd make an offer. Turns out they've been wanting to sell for ages but have never found the time. The paint is looking pretty sad as its been egged and painted several times.

post-1158-1188212444_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188212458_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188212475_thumb.jpg

The bay.

post-1158-1188212508_thumb.jpg

This car has given me many surprises. When I popped the bonnet i discovered that it housed a 4K. I also discovered that the build date is 76 instead of 77/78. So somewhere down the line someone has placed a late model bonnet, grille, dash and seats in it.

post-1158-1188212527_thumb.jpg

I took the skanky seat covers off and found cloth seats. I usually don't go for cloth seats but kinda like these.

post-1158-1188212575_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188212594_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188212616_thumb.jpg

Here's the proof that its got the late model seats. The metal bracket in the earlier models were over the top of the vinyl, not hidded inside like here.

post-1158-1188212632_thumb.jpg

After removing the covers on the back seat i discovered how soft and comfy they were. Plus no rips like the front and plain vinyl, not cloth.

post-1158-1188212659_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188212672_thumb.jpg

The boot. Its had some sort of carpet installed which shedds badly. I'll be getting real carpet insalled here.

post-1158-1188212724_thumb.jpg

Now with the seats folded flat. This will be the car I drive to the wreckers once its on the road. :P

post-1158-1188212739_thumb.jpg

And lastly, the reason I paid what I did for the whole car. Two tires were flat but i pumped them up and now they are fine. :P These rims may end up on SL2.

post-1158-1188212771_thumb.jpg

More to come... I went nuts with photos today!!

Edited by JiP_01

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The late model dash but with no demister and the early speedo. This is after I cleaned it up. It was badly dusted and dirty.

post-1158-1188213956_thumb.jpg

Perfect roof lining!!

post-1158-1188213976_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188213998_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188214015_thumb.jpg

I had a go at cleaning the car, windows and polishing the bumpers.

post-1158-1188214052_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188214078_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188214103_thumb.jpg

Lastly, the two oldest girls in the patch.

post-1158-1188214156_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1188214184_thumb.jpg

Future plans...

I have a 5K lined up, a 5 speed lined up and plan on painting it the green that the new Camry's come in.

Hope you enjoy the progress that will be shown here!!

Yeah I know. I'm about to move the whole fleet to my sisters house. She has a large back yard with street access. Just gotta pick up a nice early bonnet for her. Might to to do that this weekend as i've had one lined up for months.

Hey Jon, nice wagon mate :P

I definately agree with your idea of picking up parts in it. :dance:

It's gotta be easier than trying to put stuff in front seat of a 2dr :P I Know because i need a wagon too :P

I have already torn my trim a couple of times in my 20 trying to use my passenger seat as cargo area :P

Looking forward to seeing it on the road soon :D

Such a pitty she has all that damage to the paint caused by the eggs. I think this will be the end of it here. JiP-01, JiP-03, JiP-04 & OKE-50. Plus i've set myself a date that all the cars must be completed. I've got to my 25th so that a few years now :P

Hey Jon, nice wagon mate :P

I definately agree with your idea of picking up parts in it. :dance:

It's gotta be easier than trying to put stuff in front seat of a 2dr :P I Know because i need a wagon too :P

I have already torn my trim a couple of times in my 20 trying to use my passenger seat as cargo area :P

Looking forward to seeing it on the road soon :D

Yeah, I hate transporting parts in Lolla. It damages the seats. On one occasion I had to transport an air conditioner and it wouldn't fir in my car at all. So i removed the passenger seat, laid it flat on my back seat and carted the A/C up front with me. :P

Okay cool, thanks tez. There will be a few parts i will be chasing. Like a rear windscrean with the demister bars and it looks like its missing some sort of trim in the cargo bay.

**EDIT** Its also got ugly interior handles that i've never seen before.

Edited by JiP_01

ummm sorry Jon.rear tailgate glass is already gone.its in my van after a stone from mowing the lawn shattered the original one..

ummm arm rests..ugly.. i am not sure but i think they look like ones i have from a ke38-55.if not i can supply you with a set as they are not a good look or do they suit the longer door panels of the van.

cheers

Edited by teza40

Yeah, I hate transporting parts in Lolla. It damages the seats. On one occasion I had to transport an air conditioner and it wouldn't fir in my car at all. So i removed the passenger seat, laid it flat on my back seat and carted the A/C up front with me. :D

Yeah mate, i took my passenger seat out a couple of weeks after the AFD Cruise and haven't put it back yet. Probably won't until it's off the road for resto.

The cops :P have quized me about it a few times, i just say 'do i have a passenger in the car? NO... so why do i need the seat :P '

They usually shake their head and walk away. It saves my trim getting damaged, that's my Main concern.

I hope to see if its possible to get venetians for the wags. Just the tailgate is abit new to me. It doesn't have anything that holds it up. I keep thinking its going to fall. But doesn't. I hope it'll be able to hold a Venetian.