3tc Engine Modification

jam94

converting 3tc engine to an EFI Turbo..  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad
it's cheaper to buy a 3TGTE, you can grab them for <$1500AUD with loom computer, manifolds and turbo.

much better solution as you get low comp pistons, I believe stronger rods, twin cam, and all the EFI gear.

Cheers

Jordan

yes the turbo motor does have better rods, but don't use the std rod bolt. Std bolt= bang

You can get the 3tc efi gear fairly cheaply but the throttle body is small

also as mentioned above if you use the std 3tc pistons the static compression will dictate a very low boost be used.

the 3tgteu is not a great motor and if you ahve to change the engine I wouldnt use one of these, I would used a 4agze

cheers

brian

i wouldnt recommend 3tgteu unless you are familiar with these motors and really want one.

its huge in the states to modify the 3tc anywhere from 70 to 700hp.

and so theres a huge amount of parts avaliable quite cheaply.

check toyota3tc.com for more info.

i'll check it out at 3tc.com pal. tnx for the advise. But i'd like to be educated more on the 3tgteu also. Any idea? Again. tnx pal!

by the way here's a look of the 3tc stock engine on my 1976 TE31/ KE30..

Jam94 :locked:

post-3350-1189579417_thumb.jpg

if you're looking into efi and turbo.. consider finding the 3t-eu efi intake for your 3tc since you've already put effort into a rebuild. and buy/make an aftermarket turbo exhaust manifold if you can afford it. 3tgte turbo system will bolt on the 3tc, but the std exhaust manifold is prone to cracking and the turbo are pretty crap anyways.

i plan to do this for a bit of fun http://www.toycrazy.net/tech/3tte/3tte.html

3tgte are pretty old, but with a freshen up and a few mods.. they're great. if you buy one that hasn't been rebuilt... add a rebuild into the cost of buying one as it'll leak oil for sure and be a constant maintenance headache if you plan on driving it hard. i know this from experience :)