Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Skateboard Thread

Featured Replies

Nah I don't think you'd ever break anything messing around on a skateboard unless you try something rather extreme. I mucked around on skateboards for a bit when I was in highschool, and 99% of the time when you mess up your board goes flying somewhere (like through a window) but you can usually regain your balance and stay upright.

 

Inline skates on the other hand... When you mess up you usually end up on your hands and knees / arse / head / other body part. Have broken a wrist inline skating, a pair of wrist guards, a pair of knee guards and 3 helmets...

 

Skateboarding is HARD. Took me like 3 months to be able to do a simple ollie, and was working on doing a kickflip when I gave up... I was a lot more successful on inline skates, within a day I was doing 180's, within 3 months I was doing 360's, then 540's, misty flips, various grabs, riding down stairs, and grinding my way to absolute happiness (although I never really did get comfortable on rails, I much preferred curbs - and my highschool had PLENTY of those) Ah, those were the days. Now I'm old and apparently wiser, and I look back and think "geez I'm surprised I'm still alive..."

  • Author

Okay if you're going to go and play on verts and pipes then yeah you'd probably break something if you didn't wear protection...

 

We never did have verts or pipes in Malaysia, but we had a dinky little ramp that was about a meter high that we used to launch over the school van with :) On inline skates that is :P Needless to say the teachers weren't too impressed and the van was removed in a hurry...

 

We were on the way to building a fun box when the teachers started to complain about it, worried that someone was going to kill themselves etc. I suppose they had reason to worry, we had one guy go into spasm and nearly choke on his tongue when he fell down some stairs, the same guy a year later smashed all his front teeth out when he stuffed up a jump and landed on his face, and I broke my wrist, and numerous cuts and bruises that everyone suffered...

  • Author

I must say, I've got great respect for a lot of skateboarders (although there's always that rift between skate boarders and inline skaters (and it doesn't help that they both call themselves "skaters")), it's really hard stuff.

 

We had a guy in my high school called Gabriel, he was amazing on his board... MASSIVE kickflips, heelflips, both natural as well as unnatural, MASSIVE air off the ramps, he was awesome to watch :) Although ultimately us inline skaters could always catch bigger air :P

  • Author

Haha, some ridiculously TINY photos from AGES ago...

 

trs.gif

Me and some friends

 

sourail.gif

Me doing the good ol soul down a rail

 

syed.gif

A friend of mine on the same rail

 

bslide1.gif

A friend of mine backsliding on a curb

 

fatk2.jpg

K2 Fatty's - AWESOME skates, and one of the very first soft boot skates. The last pair of skates I had were the Roces Majestic 12, I absolutely loved those skates.

Edited by demuire

coorparoo skatee bowl has a decent 1/2 pipe & "street" track. The pipe isnt that high and its pretty smooth so if you do stack it odds are you'll just slide to the bottom. I reckon its a good place to learn how to skate...lots of variation & jumps/tricks don't need to be big...mind you i still can't skate for shit but ive had lots of fun trying :)

I was never really into skating. I had a few pairs of inline skates when I was a kid but I never really got into skateboarding even though everyone I knew at least had a skateboard ( even if they werent very good).

 

I must be making up for it now though. I like skating my car. :)

I used to skateboard heaps back in high school, i was alright. I had a Powell deck, i loved it hehe. But ass raping my ankles in soccer wasnt to good for skateboarding so i quit.

 

next challenge is skateing my car like mumblezz :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.