Nt Major Discussion

Ella

arr auto no thanks might hav found a celica thou....

increased boost???? lsd????

i should be there i say good bye to my car on thursday on should say hello to it again thurs or fri yay

just gotta get get a wheel alignment and fit the supercharger belt and I'm set

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

who would you guys recomend talking to for a gze conversion into the 82. Just trying to get an idea on pricing. My plans are to depending on damage to my current engine are to whack in a gze half cut from an ae101 hopefully an E-58 LSD also **crosses fingers** as I figure this would be a better starting point for future modifications.

ANSWER ME :wink:

arr auto no thanks might hav found a celica thou....

What model Celica???

increased boost???? lsd????

And a water-to-air intercooler. :wink:

i should be there i say good bye to my car on thursday on should say hello to it again thurs or fri yay

just gotta get get a wheel alignment and fit the supercharger belt and I'm set

So you racing then???

ANSWER ME :hmm:

No. :y: :P :P

Seriously though, I wouldn't know who to recommend for the engine swap. JSM, Hi Tech, or Pecky's would all be able to do it.

Seriously though, I wouldn't know who to recommend for the engine swap. JSM, Hi Tech, or Pecky's would all be able to do it.

I realise that most workshops up here are competent enough to complete a bolt in conversion just a question of how well :hmm:. I H8 you Adam lol jks, just realised you bought Rusty's old one, just had a quick look over last posts :wink: . If I didn't have the 82 I would snap your Celica up Adam always have had a soft spot for that shape (TA22's etc). If I get rid of the 82 anytime soon I will take it off ya hands :y:

P.S LOL at halfcut prices these days I have seen a AE101 GZE halfcut anywhere from 1500 to 3500. Price still hasnt changed :P

Edited by Pure-SX

I realise that most workshops up here are competent enough to complete a bolt in conversion just a question of how well :wink:.

There wouldn't be a lot to convert your car to 4A-GZE - the TAC approval's the only hurdle. The engine will pretty much bolt in.

If I didn't have the 82 I would snap your Celica up Adam always have had a soft spot for that shape (TA22's etc). If I get rid of the 82 anytime soon I will take it off ya hands :hmm:

Uhh, I'm not getting rid of the TA22 - at all. It's still going to get the 13T-GZEU build-up. With any luck we can start work on it within a month.

With the TAC's approval its just a large form with little bits to fill in yeah? I heard that if the engine is a direct bolt in same family of engines it doesnt need approval? Anyways typical of Govt. forms etc they look really big but have hardly anything to fill in :wink:. I should no i picked up a job in govt :y: tis excellent as far.

P.S Also Adam is your email still the same? @yahoo.com.au If its not PM it to me. (didn't wanna post it lol just incase some people get narky :hmm:)

Edited by Pure-SX

With the TAC's approval its just a large form with little bits to fill in yeah? I heard that if the engine is a direct bolt in same family of engines it doesnt need approval? Anyways typical of Govt. forms etc they look really big but have hardly anything to fill in :wink:. I should no i picked up a job in govt :D tis excellent as far.

P.S Also Adam is your email still the same? @yahoo.com.au If its not PM it to me. (didn't wanna post it lol just incase some people get narky :hmm:)

Yep, my email is [email protected] - I don't mind people seeing it as I can block anyone who shits me off. You'll probably get a response from a different address though, as Outlook doesn't like my Yahoo.

increased boost????? answer u stooge

What was the question? :y: All I saw was "increased boost???? lsd????" I thought you of all people would have worked it out Shane. After all, you know more than most others (about this). Oh well, if you can't work it out, you'll just have to come down to the race track and inspect my vehicle to find out more. :P :P :P

so u hav looked at the diagram for the abv mod HHEEYYYYY?????

fine ill do it aswell (o thou i wont hav to to beat u :wink:)

yay i might even hav my smaller steering wheel on if autobarn can work out the prob 2morrow. then to get a wheel alignment so i can turn better, and I'm ripping the front struts outta the wreck to see if there any good as they maybe stiffer than my curret ones so i mayeb be even better off again, not likly thou

lol shane settle m8. My plans are to buy a halfcut and go from there if I go down that path. Adam I might have to come on down. increased boost ay? still supercharged? havn't gotten a bigger charger have ya?

Not a different supercharger, no. Apparently I should get up to about 16psi of boost with this setup.

so u hav looked at the diagram for the abv mod HHEEYYYYY?????

Nope.