Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shannons Motoring Extravaganza

Featured Replies

  • Author

Or you could just help out with others until you've thought of something that will improve your car. I wouldn't have thought you'd be doing much to it for a while, as it'd be pretty groovy in it's current state.

  • Replies 283
  • Views 118.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG, Yeah true :fuzz: Nothing major just a tidy up

Gotta think of something to do to my car :fuzz:

 

turbo is nice

  • 4 weeks later...

oooh. this sounds good. depending on the state of my car, i would gladly come along :jamie:

 

by the way guys, i need to do various photoshoots of all of the rollaclub cars (to start with) so far.

half of mine is atm is in peaces on the floor :jamie: should be ready by the motor show if anything dosnt go wrong

thats ok, so is mine... :jamie:

mine will be pretty sexy and good photoshoot material when she hits the rd again,

 

just been doin sum work faily happy at how things are goin, should be sexy/unique for the motor show

 

whats wrong with ur car tim?

Edited by wasfishing

er.... the 4ac died....

 

kicks over, doesnt really start, checked all the usual. FACTS etc. just got back, so I'm gonna be spending this week working on it..... got any spare time?

  • Author
oooh. this sounds good. depending on the state of my car, i would gladly come along :jamie:

 

by the way guys, i need to do various photoshoots of all of the rollaclub cars (to start with) so far.

Excellent - it would be very good to have your car along as well Tim.

 

As for the photoshoot, I'm DEFINITELY up for this (once my cars are ready). I would like to make infomation boards for each vehicle to be on display in the show, and having a picture on each of these would be really good. We'll have to organise a time to get together before the show so we can get some group photos done as well, as I'd like to have a RollaClub information board as well.

 

Once the dry season sets in, I'm hoping to paint the KE55, even if it's just a bodgy job. That way it will look half decent for the motorshow.

cool cool. sounds good

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I went to the NT Motoring Council meeting last night. It now appears that there may be a $5.00 entry fee for anyone that wants to put their car on display at the 2008 Shannons Motoring Extravaganza. Do any of you have any issues with this? If it were $10/car would that put you off? My feeling is that it's pretty cheap, and even at $10/car I'd still want to put four cars in (of my own).

 

Also, if we're going to have RollaClub cars on display, I want someone sitting by them all day on both days of the event. That way if anyone comes to take a closer look at our cars, we can tell them about the club and try and get more people/cars involved. I will provide promotional material, including cards with contact details, flyers, car info boards for each car on display, and of course, each car will have at least one RollaClub sticker. How many of you will make the effort to come and sit with the cars for at least half a day? We'll seat up some chairs and I'll try to arrange a shade structure so we don't fry. :P

yeah i'll come and hang around,

by then i can have at least 1 mates that is in the maket for corollas atm there

 

i reccon if every one of us can get 1 person to join that would be awsorm.

  • Author

Also, I've been thinking about how many cars we could potentially have on display. Cars don't need to be complete - we can show them as works in progress, but I'd prefer to make things as pretty as possible. Here's what I'm thinking:

 

Adam - KE55 (Lola), TA22 (Tamika), ZZE122 (Layla), ST205 (Sally), TA22 (Vanessa)

Andrew - AE71 (White) & AE102 (Red)

Stephen - AE82 (PURE-SX)

Tim - AE82 (ZMIT)

Daven (need to ask to borrow it) - AE92 (SIROLLA)

Shane - AW11 (MISTR2)

Meg - ZZE123 (GEMZU)

 

That makes up to twelve cars, across seven owners. Of those twelve, about eight are already looking pretty good. My KE55 just needs a bit of paint (quick cheapy job) and it's look a LOT better. I could have an engine in Vanessa pretty quickly, but I'd leave the paint (it looks like a race car simply by having a cage). And Tamika looks okay on the outside, but has no trim. It wouldn't be too hard to mock something up.

 

I'm hoping that by June, Andrew has an engine and interior in the AE71. If he can do that, and I can make my three (above) look reasonable, then we've got twelve presentable cars. Would all of you be prepared to put your cars on display?

 

Also, I'm trying to get approval to get some RollaClub shirts made up. If I get this approval, then I will arrange to have them ready for the Extravaganza. I don't know how much they'd cost, but I wouldn't think they'd be more than $40 each. Again, I don't know if they'd be button-up shirts, t-shirts, or polo shirts. I'll wait for approval before getting quotes. Would you all be interested in buying shirts? Would you all come to the Extravaganza and wear them and hang around to represent your club and let people know more about it (and your car)?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.