ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, I've been thinking about how many cars we could potentially have on display. Cars don't need to be complete - we can show them as works in progress, but I'd prefer to make things as pretty as possible. Here's what I'm thinking:

Adam - KE55 (Lola), TA22 (Tamika), ZZE122 (Layla), ST205 (Sally), TA22 (Vanessa)

Andrew - AE71 (White) & AE102 (Red)

Stephen - AE82 (PURE-SX)

Tim - AE82 (ZMIT - white) & AE82 (blue) if i still have it then and have somewhere to store it

Daven (need to ask to borrow it) - AE92 (SIROLLA)

Shane - AW11 (MISTR2)

Meg - ZZE123 (GEMZU)

That makes up to twelve cars, across seven owners. Of those twelve, about eight are already looking pretty good. My KE55 just needs a bit of paint (quick cheapy job) and it's look a LOT better. I could have an engine in Vanessa pretty quickly, but I'd leave the paint (it looks like a race car simply by having a cage). And Tamika looks okay on the outside, but has no trim. It wouldn't be too hard to mock something up.

I'm hoping that by June, Andrew has an engine and interior in the AE71. If he can do that, and I can make my three (above) look reasonable, then we've got twelve presentable cars. Would all of you be prepared to put your cars on display?

Also, I'm trying to get approval to get some RollaClub shirts made up. If I get this approval, then I will arrange to have them ready for the Extravaganza. I don't know how much they'd cost, but I wouldn't think they'd be more than $40 each. Again, I don't know if they'd be button-up shirts, t-shirts, or polo shirts. I'll wait for approval before getting quotes. Would you all be interested in buying shirts? Would you all come to the Extravaganza and wear them and hang around to represent your club and let people know more about it (and your car)?

:P

I'm still in....

but seriously... does anyone have space for a spare car at the moment (adam, i know you don't)

get quotes for shirts now.... that way it minimises wastage after the approval (yes... I'm optomistic)

Edited by zmit

:P

I'm still in....

but seriously... does anyone have space for a spare car at the moment (adam, i know you don't)

get quotes for shirts now.... that way it minimises wastage after the approval (yes... I'm optomistic)

Sweet - I was hoping you'd want to try and put the Seca in as well. If we get all the cars I've listed, we could show the basic shapes of Corollas from KE55 with every model up to AE102. If we could get an AE112, we could have every model from KE55 through to ZZE123!!! And it would most likely be VERY easy to convince Bridge Toyota to put a new Corolla on display with our cars so we've got eight models straight!!! We'd also have all three body shapes of AE82 that were sold in Australia (sedan, hatch, Seca). This is going to be SWEET!!!

As for the shirts, I'll do up a design and get onto it. I'll try and do it tonight so I can start getting quotes next week.

As for car space, I'm going to a mortgage broker this weekend. :yes:

come on adam! the seca WILL be ZMIT by the time the shannons show is around. geez. I'm not that stupid!

and yes i think it would be a really good idea to negotiate with bridge toyota about that AE112

... however..... my ex has an AE112.......

do we have a large banner for rollaclub organised?

Andrew, ultimately only for the next 2 weeks i guess.....

don't have to get back with her :P just so happened that she called me last night anyway :jamie:

I'm with ya about the new rolla. however, i know the oner of Thai Thai in casuarina and (unless he has put stickers on BOTH cars) he may be able to lend us his :y:

THIS IS GONNA BE BIG! :no2:

look into the banner. see if Nick can help out at all. otherwise we can just get an A1 banner made up like so.

cut it into 2 strips and put them on 2 of the windshields.

-------------------------------------

ROLLACLUB.COM |

ROLLACLUB.COM |

but a pro banner would be good. id be happy to pitch in if Nick wanted to get 2 made up

wheres he based?

heres the topic.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18399

I'm seein my ex on tuesday or wednesday, ill ask her about the AE112

edit: Toyota will have their display there anyway. how do we approach them?

do we give them the pitch and ask if we can set up near them and have the new rolla lead into rollaclub?

or do we say "we're setting up over here, can we borrow a new rolla?"

Edited by zmit

hey guys, another suggestion. should we have a 'notice sheet' or sign up sheet or whatever, so that we can get details of people, and at the end of it we can send out an email to remind people to sign up. Adam has just requested more stickers, so when these new people sign up we give/sell? them a sticker :P

don't have to get back with her :P just so happened that she called me last night anyway :jamie:

I'm with ya about the new rolla. however, i know the oner of Thai Thai in casuarina and (unless he has put stickers on BOTH cars) he may be able to lend us his :y:

THIS IS GONNA BE BIG! :sob:

look into the banner. see if Nick can help out at all. otherwise we can just get an A1 banner made up like so.

cut it into 2 strips and put them on 2 of the windshields.

ROLLACLUB.COM |

ROLLACLUB.COM |

but a pro banner would be good. id be happy to pitch in if Nick wanted to get 2 made up

wheres he based?

heres the topic.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18399

I'm seein my ex on tuesday or wednesday, ill ask her about the AE112

edit: Toyota will have their display there anyway. how do we approach them?

do we give them the pitch and ask if we can set up near them and have the new rolla lead into rollaclub?

or do we say "we're setting up over here, can we borrow a new rolla?"

hey guys, another suggestion. should we have a 'notice sheet' or sign up sheet or whatever, so that we can get details of people, and at the end of it we can send out an email to remind people to sign up. Adam has just requested more stickers, so when these new people sign up we give/sell? them a sticker :no2:

EXCELLENT ideas Tim!!!

ZRE152: I've already spoken to the Business Development Manager (read: fancy title for Marketing Manager) at Bridge Toyota and asked if he could help us out with some Toyota stuff for our display. He seemed quite happy with that, and asked that I get back in touch with him closer to the event, which I'm thinking I'll do in about April. I also deal with the governement sales guy at Toyota pretty much every week, and he's a great guy. I'm certain he'll help us out where he can, and I don't think they'd be adverse to the idea of putting a ZRE152 in with our display. It's easy advertising for them and it helps us out. WIN-WIN!!!

BANNER: Nick still does sticker work, and is apparently happy to do work for RollaClub members. However, he does this as a business, and not as a favour to RollaClub (as far as I know). While Nick can still access RollaClub, he is not an active member, as he has lost interest and doesn't have the time. As Nick lives in Queensland, I would think that it would be significantly cheaper to get a banner made up here. Especially if someone who worked at the uni could get one made up in the trades section. :n: I'll have to have a chat to some people and see what can be done and how much it would cost.

SIGN UP SHEET: This is a very simple, but potentially VERY beneficial idea. I hadn't thought of it, and am VERY glad that you did. I will make up some flyers and contact cards to give people, but we will need some way of getting in touch with them. I'll make something up for the event and print a few sign-up sheets out on A3.

Cool cool.

on the 'contact card' side of things, i have a friend who gets all his stuff done in Indonesia. i am looking into getting some cards done for myself (:P) and i guess we could get some done for rollaclub too. if theres national interest we might as well buy bulk and then each member could have 5-10 or so....

sign-up sheet/contact card... it all works.

if you can get vinyl banners done up :y: that would be great....

yep.... I'm a thinker :jamie:

Edited by zmit

I have pre-cut card material at home that goes through a normal printer. Once printed, you then seperate the cards. I've got a HEAP of the stuff. I'll show you the results sometime - they turn out pretty well and are cheap. I'm pretty sure I've got enough stuff to do about 500 cards - possibly far more than that. Printing could be EXTREMELY cheap (read: free) if I time it right. :P

I can laminate them, and can print them in colour. I can even do double sided ones. Just takes a fair bit of time to do. I'll show you an example of my work sometime if you'd like. I did a heap for Tiger on these forums, but he couldn't buy them off me as he was otherwise detained - literally. Sucks for me - sucks a lot worse for him. :P

Location is still being discussed by NTMC with Showgrounds organisation. As for where we'd be positioned amongst everyone else, definitely don't know anything yet, as not a lot has been worked out. There's a general idea of where groups will go (eg. dealerships, motorbikes, clubs), but each group has not been subdivided and arranged yet. I'll let you know when I know.