Something I Found On This Arvos Travels!!

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you keep getting vacuum from, as I said "boost" or positive pressure and yes alot of diesels do have have waste gates and they work off boost. I do this for a living, some big diesels don't have waste gates as they are rev limited and the fuel gets limited so they can't rev faster to make more boost.

Which bits are not understood and I will explain it to you

I don't think I have ever seen a automotive petrol engine turbo without a waste gate.

Are you trying to suggest that these turbo's don't use VACUUM to activate the VNT and reduce or increase boost.????????????

Please don't tell me you are!!!!!!

http://www.honeywell.com/sites/ts/tt/turbo...ts_VNTworks.htm

notice the key word here is pressure

Before we get out of hand here.

A Nissan VNT is controlled by vacuum canister just like it F$%^ING says in your link.

"or by the engine management system using a vacuum actuator."

:lolcry: :P :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

You would have to run a bloody vacuum pump to get any vacuum anywhere, the engine inlet is pressurized after you reach the turbo cut in ratio. Where is the vacuum, the blond in the seat next to you and the act she is performing.

Your a dickhead mate, how the f@$k do you think diesel powered CARS,4WD's get vacuum assisted brakes they use a f@$kING VACUUM PUMP.

Man youve got a lot to learn.

Your a dickhead mate, how the f@$k do you think diesel powered CARS,4WD's get vacuum assisted brakes they use a f@$kING VACUUM PUMP.

Man youve got a lot to learn.

Was said alot earlier:

Diesel's work on a different basis as petrol engines for example they make no vacuum thats why they have auxillary air pumps for brake boosters and so on.

So did anyone work out why this post was initially posted?

No, I have read more (which I don't have enough time to do, as I spend most of my time fixing this sort of thing and generally don't have to argue semantics with fools) and what I read was right and what I said was right bout turbo basics. VNT is just variable nozzle technology, it can be activated many different ways and you are a rude tosser who needs to find out what is going on. Vacuum can control (thanks for being a picky worthless bitch and not sharing your info, other than in the "hey look at me and my Nissan no how" way you did) the turbo, why the hell they would do it this way when boost seems easier is beyond me. But I suppose both ways are ascending and descending proportional.

VNT is in other engines electronically controlled and in diesels, hydraulically controlled using the engines own oil. Go and pick some other generic term next time you little shit. I come here to meet like minded Corolla enthusiasts as well as to try and help those people with limited knowledge find the easiest/ cheapest ways to a solution for their problem.

Don't waste my time again with your stupidity

I'm very happy to not waste my time and just wish you had read that info earlier before you preceeded to inform everybody that this particular system was controlled by pressure and not vacuum.Just merely trying to help out Taz-Rx with his query on why this sytem was not making boost.Whether it be nissan /toyota/whatever brand yes they do things differently but remember diesels do not predominantly make vacuum due to the fact they don't normally use a throttle butterfly to control the engine RPM? True!!!,so there is no way of them making vacuum in a manifold.

No I'm not being condescending,I'm a making sure you understand where I'm coming from and if you think that one system on a diesel relates to all diesels in all applications then that is not correct.

Anyhow have a good night.

Matt

This is where the problem started, explain a little better as we can't see inside your head and glimpse what you are trying to explain. I try to be understandable, but if I can't understand what you are talking about then this problem will no doubt re-occur. Takes the fun out of it for everybody and we are mainly here for pleasure and sharing our accomplishments with people who have the same interests.

My point exactly, i don't want to enter into this sort of dialogue with anybody mate,just want to pass on as many facts as i can, Because i have an intimate knowledge of turbo,s (thats my job you see) then i find it easy to preach on how they work.

If you don't understand me then just ask me to explain next time mate.

Please!!

Matt

Hi,

I am with Matt here., Does this guys datto have vac to the actuator?

Also think of it this way. Have you ever seen inside a gas turbine (jet engine)? Well they have a thing called NGV..Nozzle guide vanes. Thee direct the hot gases onto the turbine at the right angle to give maximum power out put...I will stop there as I could talk for days on NGV's.

So Some new turbos have similar "vanes" in the turbine scroll. As vac is there the vanes move when the actuator pulls on them directing the gas onto the turbine. As vac drops off at high pressure vanes move away and turbine wont have the right gas flow angle into its inducer and it will slow down. So the actuator on the side of this turbo works off vac. And that is how it works basically.

These turbos are nice and I would love to get one my self to destroy and play with the turbine and the angles the vanes work at to get some serious flow data.

Also some big ass truck turbos I have Si. Most don't have built in waste gates etc...So you need all external gear for those.

But just for fun Sbox go to your shed grab an old turbo shaft/turbine/compressor/front bearing..all bolted together with out the housings. with one of the brass bush bearings on the shaft and the compressor bolted up to the shaft. Oil up the surface of the shaft and bearing you will hold a bit and hold it vertical so the turbine is down and compressor is up in the air. Hold the bush with 2 fingers and get your shop air gun...Now take caution here. Wave the gun at different angles to the turbine and notice how fast it can spin at different angles. This is fun tilt the turbine clips a finger and trust me it is doing a few THOUSAND RPM when you have a lot of shop air so play it safe..LOL Fun to do having a turbo spinning in your 2 fingers then you can really feel the force in it when you try to move it..lol

Cheers

Cameron

Edited by camerondownunder88