Vr4 4g63 Dohc Into A Ke30

raff_gsr

its been done in corollas before so its no big deal really. we'll see how good it is, maybe it should be a more common conversion, who knows? all I know is that the sigma boxes are weak like piss so fingers crossed i get a good one haha!

p.s we are in australia btw haha!

Edited by raff_gsr

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a 4g63 ke30 for sale here in nz a while back so not the first :P

Didn't think i would be but still not many getting around yet such and easy conversion, less stuffing around than a sr or ca so it would seem, and the 4age seems like more screwing around as well with finding boxes that suit and mounts etc.

Also off topic, but i pulled the rear sway bar out of my r31 today and well it looks like it would fit the front of my ke20 perfect, and it has a dip which makes for better engine clearance and is physically fatter / more stiffer. any one know any thing about these? done before???

• 1 month later...
i am currently having trouble with the mounts.

I am almost done my conversion actually, well kinda, i finished my wiring today which was easier than i expected. For my mounts i used the spare set of triton mounts i hate laying around and cut the angled bit of the back plate then got some 8mm steel plate (overkill, but free) and got a guy with a tig to weld them to that so i could put my holes where i wanted. the rubber mounts i am using are cortina ones umm A1200 is the part no. they are nice and round and perfect thickness for me.

My only problem so far has been that the bottom of the bell housing on my gear box hits the steering arm when its turned to lock, but thats nothing a grinder can't fix. oh the engine i am using is the 4g93t 1.8lt turbo from a gsr cc lancer due to local regulations 2lt isnt allowed.

I am also using the calipers off of the gsr for the corrolla, mixed with re-drilled astra rotors and custom mounts it allows use of the original hub but give me a 256mm dia and 25mm thick vented slotted rotors with a few pad options.

I have some pics of the engine sitting in the car and can take any pics you would like of various things like mounts etc etc just pm or email me.

I also have wiring diagrams and basically a word doc of how to wire in the engine (got bored when on family holiday), I also have cad drawings of the caliper mounts and a new mount i made up for my CAS. it hit the firewall when i had the block where i wanted it so i'm mounting it off of the front of the cam and blanking off the hole in the head.

I'd be keen to have a read of the "ReadMe" file you wrote about putting the engine in.

Sounds like it's coming right along

Jordan

Yeh it is, all my electrics are working tested em all today, now i am playing the waiting game for stuff to come back to me (just putting off sanding my doors and 'attachable' panels for paint)

i do up a quick 'read me' type document for you guys and will get it put in the Knowledge base section

• 3 weeks later...

Ah soo i started my beast today, she actually runs, not bad for an 18yr old kid huh. only had one problem, and that was that i missed a power wire somewhere in the engine loom which then ment the coil wasnt getting power, nothing an aligator clip couldnt fix to start it. my timing was off by about 50degrees too, not bad for a custom made bracket, and no idea on where it was ment to be ah good times.

ok, so i've only managed to start my beast so far no driving yet, i still havnt got a radiator or at the time anything plumbed, i still need to sort out my gear box, the throw out bearing is not pushed out far enough to push on pressure plate, thus no clutch operation, i have no front struts at the moment as they are with the guy whom is doing my brakes, so still i bit to go yet, i do have a picture of the engine bay atm i have plumbed all my stuff now, oh and she still needs a tough zorst

post-4463-1200451271_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys ive just started my conversion my mates been talking about doing it for a little while and now ive seen this I'm going ahead with it. is anyone able to help me with engine mounts maybe some pics or something. anything would help please. also a sigma box would be alright to bolt up if i don't give it a hard time. thanks guys. also i just got myself a 4g63 turbo kit including oil lines, turbo, manifold, and everything else i need for the conversion for $300