4age Wiring Loom Into A Ke70 Loom??

tetsujin

Hi folks.

Well I need help with the wiring side of a 4age into a KE70.

I am trying to keep as much of the std KE70 wiring as poss.

I have the reverse light, headlights, oil press, water temp etc all wired up

I still need to wire up the 4age engine loom and ECU into the KE loom.

Can anyone help me with a step by step guide?? (like the yellow wire goes on to the blue wire?? :lolcry:)

Let me know as I am VERY NEW when it comes to wires and my mate who normally would help me isnt helping me anymore :) (fall out)

Cheers

Adam :D

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate, there are no doubt guides out there if you have a good look. IMO if you can spare it i would get someone in to do it properly, that way your know its being done correctly and your not going to waste time and all your hard work by having something go wrong. my 2 cents

Hey mate, there are no doubt guides out there if you have a good look. IMO if you can spare it i would get someone in to do it properly, that way your know its being done correctly and your not going to waste time and all your hard work by having something go wrong. my 2 cents

Yeah its a real pain unless you know what you are doing. Do it properly. Pay someone, the rest of the ke70 your building is so awesome, you could get professional wiring for that finishing touch, and you will have someone to blame if it buggers up one day.

Cheers guys. :D

Yeah, i know I could get someone else to do it but money is TIGHT! :lolcry:

Anyway, I had ITB and aftermarket ECU but I am taking that all back off now as I cannot afford to complete the car anymore, so it either sell car or use std JDM Ae86 LOOM, ENGINE and ECU??

So you can see where I stand.

The loom and ECU are from the same car as the original engine that I am using so I was hoping it would be easy?

So, there isnt a guide as such to wire up wires to wires then??

Its just, here in the UK AE86's are not as common as they are in Aus so finding a person who can do it for me is tough. :D

cheers

Adam :)

• 3 weeks later...
i would have thought any car electrician would be able to do it. to them a car should just be like any other car in terms of wiring.

although i could be wrong.

There are ECU pinout patterns available on some websites. You could study that and try to work it out. This is one of those things that seems really hard, until you give it a go and muddle through. If you are just chucking a RWD engine loom and standard ecu in the car then you should be able to more or less plug and play with it. There will be a few power feeds and grounds to connect, and posssibly some routing issues depending on where you can stuff the ecu. You will need to wire up a short engine harness, like a 4ac rwd one from ae86/71, to trigger the starter, connect reverse lights and oil pressure warning light. Hope this helps.

There are ECU pinout patterns available on some websites. You could study that and try to work it out. This is one of those things that seems really hard, until you give it a go and muddle through. If you are just chucking a RWD engine loom and standard ecu in the car then you should be able to more or less plug and play with it. There will be a few power feeds and grounds to connect, and posssibly some routing issues depending on where you can stuff the ecu. You will need to wire up a short engine harness, like a 4ac rwd one from ae86/71, to trigger the starter, connect reverse lights and oil pressure warning light. Hope this helps.

try club 4ag and also ae86 dc faq section i think i saw the pinout pattern there