"lazarust", Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew?

machg

Cool, good to see someone got it. Now Jonny needs to get the motor out and you take away the roller so he can put the TE37 back in his own driveway (not mine!), haha..

The rust is pretty severe, BUT, I think most areas will interchange with T18 and the rest isn't particularly complex in shape. And its not rusty in some interesting spots, most of the actual chassis and floorpan are quite good hey, as are the front guards, hatch is pretty good...

Personally I'd buy a cheap T18 donor vehicle, you'd get doors, trim, panels, T-series diff to bolt in.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, good to see someone got it. Now Jonny needs to get the motor out and you take away the roller so he can put the TE37 back in his own driveway (not mine!), haha..

The rust is pretty severe, BUT, I think most areas will interchange with T18 and the rest isn't particularly complex in shape. And its not rusty in some interesting spots, most of the actual chassis and floorpan are quite good hey, as are the front guards, hatch is pretty good...

Personally I'd buy a cheap T18 donor vehicle, you'd get doors, trim, panels, T-series diff to bolt in.

like this nice clean one offer him $300

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-T-18...1QQcmdZViewItem

Since its been relisted with a $1400 buy it now price I doubt they'd take $300.

He doesn't need a clean one, just one with an intact T-series and a few panels..

Yeah, I'd feel guilty cutting up a good'n, I wonder what a wrecker would say if I waltzed up with my angle grinder? :P

Anyway update time, I let the pics tell the story

image000ee1.jpg

image001qq8.jpg

image002fz2.jpg

image003or6.jpg

off to welders tomorrow, went all studs on adapter as couldn't find correct tap size, and studs are stronger. Fit is not perfect, so I am hoping the TIGing doesn't warp it too much or I'm screwed.

Very nice, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works. BTW, what did that cost to get done? I might have a go at tidying it up a bit later on, but it is low on the list of priorities.

Edited by machg

Very nice, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works. BTW, what did that cost to get done? I might have a go at tidying it up a bit later on, but it is low on the list of priorities.

I honestly don't know how much it costs it was already done when we bought it (got it for my little bro's Zukey thats 4sale on this site).

We got it of a young bloke in sydney he didn't say how much but he said some bloke in blacktown that does alot of work on celicas did it for him.

Since its been relisted with a $1400 buy it now price I doubt they'd take $300.

He doesn't need a clean one, just one with an intact T-series and a few panels..

what did I tell you its back to 300.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-T-18...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

Wasn't going to do anything today, got on the piss last night so left car, tools etc. in town. Anyway, got bored, decided to do little bits with intake manifold, isn't it amazing, when you're not planning on anything and everything works, your dodgy spare socket set happens to have the right sockets etc. etc. All was going great so decided to re-install intake manifold in the Twinky and make sure it works before I start pulling everything apart. Anyway found a small clearance issue, factory strut brace, LOL. Will post vid when (if?) I get it running.

Edited by machg

Fitted cover to throttle body, nearly all good, idle is under 1500, but there is very loud whistle under full vacuum, obviously a small air leak, but stuffed if I can find it. Have removed the bolt on covers, makes no difference, can't see any holes in the welding, anyone got any ideas, or how to find the bastard?