December 9, 200718 yr comment_213967 Cool, good to see someone got it. Now Jonny needs to get the motor out and you take away the roller so he can put the TE37 back in his own driveway (not mine!), haha.. The rust is pretty severe, BUT, I think most areas will interchange with T18 and the rest isn't particularly complex in shape. And its not rusty in some interesting spots, most of the actual chassis and floorpan are quite good hey, as are the front guards, hatch is pretty good... Personally I'd buy a cheap T18 donor vehicle, you'd get doors, trim, panels, T-series diff to bolt in. Report
December 9, 200718 yr comment_213981 Cool, good to see someone got it. Now Jonny needs to get the motor out and you take away the roller so he can put the TE37 back in his own driveway (not mine!), haha.. The rust is pretty severe, BUT, I think most areas will interchange with T18 and the rest isn't particularly complex in shape. And its not rusty in some interesting spots, most of the actual chassis and floorpan are quite good hey, as are the front guards, hatch is pretty good... Personally I'd buy a cheap T18 donor vehicle, you'd get doors, trim, panels, T-series diff to bolt in. like this nice clean one offer him $300 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-T-18...1QQcmdZViewItem Report
December 9, 200718 yr comment_214056 like this nice clean one offer him $300 Since its been relisted with a $1400 buy it now price I doubt they'd take $300. He doesn't need a clean one, just one with an intact T-series and a few panels.. Report
December 10, 200718 yr Author comment_214264 Since its been relisted with a $1400 buy it now price I doubt they'd take $300. He doesn't need a clean one, just one with an intact T-series and a few panels.. Yeah, I'd feel guilty cutting up a good'n, I wonder what a wrecker would say if I waltzed up with my angle grinder? :P Anyway update time, I let the pics tell the story off to welders tomorrow, went all studs on adapter as couldn't find correct tap size, and studs are stronger. Fit is not perfect, so I am hoping the TIGing doesn't warp it too much or I'm screwed. Report
December 13, 200718 yr comment_214914 $20 Home made RWD intake manifold, woot, woot Hey cheif, There is a way of doing this without buying any materials ie. the 10mm plate you got. You can cut both ends off and swap em over. Here's a pic of one done like it, the finished product looks alot neater. Just an idea, hope it helps. Report
December 14, 200718 yr Author comment_214955 Very nice, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works. BTW, what did that cost to get done? I might have a go at tidying it up a bit later on, but it is low on the list of priorities. Edited December 14, 200718 yr by machg Report
December 14, 200718 yr comment_214958 Very nice, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it works. BTW, what did that cost to get done? I might have a go at tidying it up a bit later on, but it is low on the list of priorities. I honestly don't know how much it costs it was already done when we bought it (got it for my little bro's Zukey thats 4sale on this site). We got it of a young bloke in sydney he didn't say how much but he said some bloke in blacktown that does alot of work on celicas did it for him. Report
December 14, 200718 yr comment_215059 Since its been relisted with a $1400 buy it now price I doubt they'd take $300. He doesn't need a clean one, just one with an intact T-series and a few panels.. what did I tell you its back to 300. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-T-18...1QQcmdZViewItem Edited December 14, 200718 yr by KE30_KE35_KE55 Report
December 14, 200718 yr Author comment_215100 That looks really neat, someone should get on to it. Up to $500.00 now, still a bargain given how much are AE86s or even KE/AE7xs are going for now... Report
December 14, 200718 yr comment_215101 Your making good progress it will be back on the road in no time. Report
December 15, 200718 yr Author comment_215162 Wasn't going to do anything today, got on the piss last night so left car, tools etc. in town. Anyway, got bored, decided to do little bits with intake manifold, isn't it amazing, when you're not planning on anything and everything works, your dodgy spare socket set happens to have the right sockets etc. etc. All was going great so decided to re-install intake manifold in the Twinky and make sure it works before I start pulling everything apart. Anyway found a small clearance issue, factory strut brace, LOL. Will post vid when (if?) I get it running. Edited December 15, 200718 yr by machg Report
December 16, 200718 yr Author comment_215277 It works! High rpm is due to a couple of big air leaks (have to fabricate a cover for the removed throttle body coolant thingy) . Edited December 16, 200718 yr by machg Report
December 17, 200718 yr Author comment_215503 Fitted cover to throttle body, nearly all good, idle is under 1500, but there is very loud whistle under full vacuum, obviously a small air leak, but stuffed if I can find it. Have removed the bolt on covers, makes no difference, can't see any holes in the welding, anyone got any ideas, or how to find the bastard? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now