Wtd 5k Motor/flywheel

ke20rolla

G'day all I was just wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone in Tassie that has a complete 5K motor, or a 5K flywheel.

:D I've been hunting the wreckers but it's like this pic :no2: :bash: :sob: NO SORRY MATE

I am only after the original flywheel, but if someone has a motor they are willing to sell please let me know. :y: :(

Long live the ROLLA. :y:

Edited by ke20rolla

Members dont see this ad

Hi, I didn't know that the 5k motor came out with 2 different flywheels. The problem is that at the moment my 5k motor has got a new, 4k standard duty clutch kit fitted. When I drive at around 60km/h and put my foot down it just slips the clutch. I was thinking of either putting a heavy duty 4k clutch kit in or changing the flywheel to the bigger 200mm. But then I would have to get a clutch made up because I've been told that the 5k clutch kits have a 21 spline clutch were the 4k's have 19. What's the difference between the 2 5k flywheels, is it only that one is 180mm and the other is 200mm. I thought that the 3,4 and 5k flywheels were all different in weight. :(

Hi, I didn't know that the 5k motor came out with 2 different flywheels. The problem is that at the moment my 5k motor has got a new, 4k standard duty clutch kit fitted. When I drive at around 60km/h and put my foot down it just slips the clutch. I was thinking of either putting a heavy duty 4k clutch kit in or changing the flywheel to the bigger 200mm. But then I would have to get a clutch made up because I've been told that the 5k clutch kits have a 21 spline clutch were the 4k's have 19. What's the difference between the 2 5k flywheels, is it only that one is 180mm and the other is 200mm. I thought that the 3,4 and 5k flywheels were all different in weight. :(

Maybe they are slightly different weights, but they are all essentially the same flywheel - They all bolt to a K crank, are all 180mm, ring gear is all the same, and all have a +1mm step.

The only difference with the KM20 flywheel is it has a 200mm clutch plate, and hence the mounting bolts for the pressure plate are further out.

You can't use a 200mm KM20 flywheel with a with a K40/50, as there is no clutch kit in that diametre with the right output spline!!

You can only get 200mm plates to fit W50's and T50's.

Right, something else to make note of with the 180mm clutch/flywheels:

There is 2 different splines available in the 180mm clutch, being 21.6mmx19T and 24.1mmx21T.

These are not 4k or 5k etc, but K40/50 or T40/50, obviously the bigger is the T40/50.

Unless you have a f@$ked rear main seal which is spitting oil on the clutch, I reckon it just needs some adjusting. Short of that, how old is the clutch!? Personally I think that PBR replacement clutch kits are better than RPM heavy duty kits!!!!!! I've had way more issue with slippage with the RPM kit, when I used to be able to do 3rd cookers with a 25+year old PBR kit!!! :D