Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quick Question About Levins

Featured Replies

It is a levin sprinter, not a trueno sprinter, either way you look at it, an ae86 is a sprinter, trueno is what we got here in australia with a 4A-C, the japs got the twincam 4A-GE in both levins and truenos.. (truenos have the pop up headlights)...

  • Replies 34
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a levin sprinter, not a trueno sprinter, either way you look at it, an ae86 is a sprinter, trueno is what we got here in australia with a 4A-C,

 

 

^^ this guy has no idea

 

btw that car is commonly known as FANTA SPEC, owned by SHIXTEEEEEN VALVU

 

the car is a piece of shit, buyer beware

 

To the starter of this thread, all I'm going to say is that it seems currently you don't know anything about these cars, so id spend at least a few months researching before you actually go and buy one.

 

Please don't think I'm being harsh, just don't wanna see you get burned

 

hahahaah fanta spec that car is just soooo :lolcry:

^^ this guy has no idea

 

lol yerr fuking oath... i think he jsut mixed himself up though..

  • Author

^ No fair enough. I agree that it's hideous, the plan was the respray. But you know personally of this car, and that it's shit? Fair enough I'll stay away.

 

I guess my research was flawed. I definitely know what a Trueno looks like, but when researching this model I must have misunderstood about it still being a Sprinter.

 

Thanks for the tips guys, you've helped me out a lot. Great place, read the boards every day. Keep up the great work.

yeah indeed, pics all good medicine man. i think you may have a typo on trueno instead of levin up there

 

I'm with medicine man, i was under the impression that the ae86 came in:

 

2 body shapes: hatchback and notchback

2 types of front ends: fixed light (levin) and pop up headlight (trueno)

2 engines: 4ac and 4ag

 

australia only got ae86 hatchback with levin front end and 4ac.

 

other countries had different combinations of body shape, front ends and engines

but I'm not sure exactly what all those combinations are.

 

one common one would be the hatchback trueno 4ag in japan

Edited by styler

yeah indeed, pics all good medicine man. i think you may have a typo on trueno instead of levin up there

 

I'm with medicine man, i was under the impression that the ae86 sprinter came in:

 

2 body shapes: hatchback and notchback

2 types of front ends: fixed light (levin) and pop up headlight (trueno)

2 engines: 4ac and 4ag

 

australia only got ae86 hatchback with levin front end and 4ac.

 

other countries had different combinations of body shape, front ends and engines

but I'm not sure exactly what all those combinations are.

 

one common one would be the hatchback trueno 4ag in japan

 

Correct, we got a Levin front end (fixed lights), but our taillights are slightly different (and obviously have the Sprinter logo on them).

 

The ADM car is a Toyota Sprinter, and was only ever badged as just that. Not a Levin, not a Trueno, not even a Corolla (although it obviously is a Corolla, just was never badged that).

 

Similar thing happened with the ADM TE72, which was badged as a Toyota T-18.

 

Oh, and the 3A appeared in some US-spec (I think) AE85s (which is where the incredibly rare A-K gearbox comes from), same body-shape as an AE86.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, though

hmmm

 

most photos just make the car look good clean and straight. in that photo though, it looks rough as.

 

As far as value goes, keep this in mind:

 

I paid 4k for an immaculate Aus spec 4AC sprinter in 2001. Clean throughout, except for a small dent on the front quarter, no rust etc.

 

I drove it for 2.5 years, kept it clean and didnt butcher it and I sold if for 4k.

 

Undoubtedly, their value is holding, but I would only pay that much for a schmicko one like mine was. shmicko.

 

 

and, if you do buy one that schmicko - you wont want to chop it up and drift it.

  • Author

Silly question perhaps. AE85 Levin listed as 4AC but with 4AGE stamped on the engine. I'd rather ask you guys because I've already semi-disgraced myself here.

 

(I'm not seriously considering this machine due to the botched paint job, but it's good to learn)

Edited by Sabmac

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.